Washington-Seattle

Average cost of a DOC? Recommendations?

It looks like everyone on this site is in consensus that a DOC is a good idea and worth the money. Can you tell me what you paid? Who are some of the DOCs you used? Would you recommend them?

Thanks so much!

Re: Average cost of a DOC? Recommendations?

• edited December 2011

The invisable hostess!!! I think we paid $995 and that was their medium level. They have a cheaper option and a more expenisve option. The level I went wasn PERFECT and worth all the money! At first we thought for that money we should do it ourselves, but it was really worth it at the end of the day!

• ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I couldn't justify spending that much on a DOC so I'm having a (friend and) co-worker doing it for me.  We haven't discussed price yet and I kinda think she'll just say "don't pay me" but I'll get her a spa certificate and chocolates or something.  It's worth it because you don't want all the vendors coming to YOU on your wedding day. You want to assign a point-person, and whether that's a pro, a family members, or a friend, you should have someone other than yourself to manage wedding day details.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• edited December 2011
    I am using Manette Gracie Weddings. manettegracie.blogspot.com
    You can go to that and click on her rates page and it says what she charges. She is WAYYYYYYYYY cheaper than anyone else you will ever find. and you can tell her Miranda referred you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DOCs (2 for the price of 1) are Shannon and Teasha from Happily Ever After (http://www.perfectionisplanned.com).  Their DOC package is $500.  A ton of other Seattle Knotties have used them before, and I have heard nothing but good reviews!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using exquisite events.  Their packages are listed here: link

I booked long ago when Emily was still the owner and they were having a promotion for a big chunk off the prices listed.  A few other knotties have used Emily before and have had wonderful experiences.  However, I'd be curious if anyone else has used or is using Shay, the new owner?

Please say that Gina referred you if you do contact them. 
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent and email to Manette Gracie Weddings, thanks for the recommendation. I really didnt think I could afford someone but with her prices it seems like a total steal!!!! Thanks :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Teasha and Shannon. They were fantastic! If Manettee doesn't work out give them a call.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also used teasha and shannon, and they were amazing!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Everyone. I'm also looking at Sydney Fee at Your Day Your Way...
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to add on - I used Teasha and Shannon as well!  Totally affordable, totally worth it.  I had my reception immediately following my ceremony, so it was a necessity for me to have two people (one at the ceremony site, one at the reception site)!! 
  • Sweet_AdelineSweet_Adeline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also going to be using Teasha an Shannon.  I've heard such great things about them, and really just needed someone to get everything set up at our venue, as I don't want my friends and family to have to do it.  Totally worth the $500.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Archel, and our DOC is a close friend of one of my bridesmaids who is trying to build a portfolio. She's doing it for "two beers" to quote her!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Lame, Manette is booked for the day of our wedding but I just cant see how we are going to find an extra 500 bucks to have someone do it. :( I will have to keep looking!
  • edited December 2011
    KatyDidlettes. I think I know someone who does it for around $300. I can try to dig up the info for you! Super sad manette is booked! :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    If you find the name of the other recommendation for $300 please let me know as well.  Manette was also booked for my date next Aug and my budget is a little too tight to comfortably spend $500+.  Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards