Louisiana-New Orleans

need super help with plus size dress

Hi ladies....I got married in Feb 06, I have a question for my friend.

She has to stand in a wedding as a MOH in 4 weeks.  We did online sizing based on her measurements and it was a 44 but the bust would be too big.  If you all know of a store that has something to fit her hips, my mom can alter the dress.
bust is 58"
hips 72"

The problem is, the wedding is in 4 weeks.  We need a lilac or purple dress (or white that can be dyed), fabric doesn't matter.  TIA!

Re: need super help with plus size dress

• carlybarley7carlybarley7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how large the sizes go, but David's Bridal has plus sizes into the 20s at least, maybe larger. They also can do a rush order on most dresses so they may be able to get the dress in time? She'd have to go and try on the sample (they have plus size samples to try too) and find out by each dress specifically.
  • maxgyrl00maxgyrl00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had this problem and my bm got two dresses of ebay in the same color by Davids Bridal in size 26 and she used the 2nd dress for extra fabric.
  • edited December 2011
    try rosie's

Rosie's Youthful Stouts558 Lapalco Boulevard, Gretna, LA 70056-7305(504) 392-6130
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • Mrs.SaxyMrs.Saxy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    i used to work at wesley austins in houma and they have dresses that go up to like 36 i wanna say, i kno they have dresses that are size 8x for sure, give them a call and c wut they can do. 985-876-3317 ask for kathy, tell her tiff sent u. they have lines called milano, nox, & fiesta that cum in pretty quick in the extended sizes and thos colors. but it deff wont hurt to call. hours are. mon-sat 10-9 & sun 12-6. hope this helped. good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards