South Carolina

Wedding venue recommendations (York County area)

Hello! I have recently become engaged, and looking into wedding venues.  My fiance` and I have set a tentative date of 10/29/11 as I want a Fall/Halloween-themed wedding!  I am searching for a venue in the York County area that hosts the ceremony and reception! I would prefer to have the wedding ceremony outdoors.  Unfortunately, we do not have very much money as I recently graduated college and am beginning my new career! However, I do believe we can find a wonderful venue for what we have.  I am asking all of you ladies out there for some recommendations on affordable venues in the York County area! I have searched and inquired about two locations (The Garden Cafe` in York, and the Dairy Barn in Fort Mill).  Throw some more ideas out there for me please! I'd really appreciate it!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding venue recommendations (York County area)

• katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Rock Hill. We are having our ceremony outdoors at the Magnolia Room & reception indoors at the Magnolia Room. It's $3000- But our wedding is 7/2/11- I know Oct. would be alot cheaper. Plus, There are sooo many other things that are included in that price. Tables/chairs/bridal suite/extra stuff from other weddings.

Here's the website.
    http://www.magnoliaroom.com/photogallery.html?pT=wed

If you need help with anything else, let me know.. I'm done with most of the big stuff for the wedding, so I can give you some ideas on cake, caterer, tent, etc.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I had never heard of The Magnolia Room! It's funny, I lived in York for 10 years before I moved to Kernersville, NC; however, I am learning about so many places that I did not know existed! The Magnolia Room looks like a beautiful venue! Thank you for recommending it to me! I e-mailed Lisa to inquire about wedding packages and prices.

I will definitely send you a message if I need anything! I am so new to it all that I am often confused, overwhelmed, and stressed.
  • edited December 2011
    That looks like a beautiful venue.  I hope that you can get the room that you'd like to book.

Wish I could offer you some ideas, but I don't know that area.  The Magnolia Room is a great place to start though.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you.  I did a lot of searching today.  I pretty much searched all day long, and sent out many e-mails.  I am anxiously awaiting replies (including one from The Magnolia Room)!
  • katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going to lie, lisa can be hard to reach. She's a veryy busy lady. Call them, or stop by. usually they are there until 4:30.

The women's center over off charlotte ave. is nice also, not sure about price, but I went to a receptiom there a could years ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JNICHOLS1978JNICHOLS1978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure of the amount of people, but Meadow Lakes II clubhouse is really nice.  We are looking at doing our wedding there on 10/15/11.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards