Nebraska-Omaha

Problems at A View in Fontenelle Hills

I was super excited to see about booking my wedding at A View but the wedding Coordinator Jen isn't there anymore. I am very concerned about staffing issues over there. I do not want to have to work with numerous coordinators in the planning of my wedding. Have any other Knotties had any problems or am I just being too paranoid?

Re: Problems at A View in Fontenelle Hills

• klkoesterklkoester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in August. I was worried too after the stuff on this board. I met with jen 2 weeks ago(since when is she no longer working there? i didnt know she was a got an email just a week ago) and she was very very nice and helpful. I told her what i wanted for decorations and when she emailed me last week it was too much and she was helpful and took stuff off to make it cheaper. What other staffing issues have you had?

• JmeJmeJmeJme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there next summer, and didn't know until I read your post that Jen wasn't there anymore. I don't know anything about the people who are there now...but it makes me kind of unhappy that no one let me know about the change!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I noticed it on their website that Jen's name it not listed anymore as the Coordinator and a friend told me that they had a different Coordinator last year which concerns me that if I book there that I may have to deal with different people and feel like I am starting back at square one with each one.
  • edited December 2011
    That places DOES have mixed reviews to begin with, especially pertaining to Jen. If you really want the venue, I'd say just give it a try. I'm not one to go by reviews, you don't know the personality of the poster and if they had given the staff and coordinator an equally hard time or if they didn't know what work actually goes into what they want. 

A View is one of the vendors I plan on looking at next May. Along with Regency Lodge and RiverWest Park.
  • jameslynne24jameslynne24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am getting married at a view in the fall and, i too, am concerned with the staffing.  when i initially booked the venue back in July of 2009, it was with Shari.  she was amazing to work with and so incredibly nice.  She made me feel very comfortable about booking there because she had a lot of experience in the industry and i knew she would take great care of me.  i was never informed of the change in personnel, and actually had to find out from the DJ almost 4 months after Shari was already gone!  i never had the pleasure of meeting Jen, but when i met with Jill a few weeks ago to talk about decorations she seemed to be quite inexperienced and this made me feel very uneasy.  now i am nervous that my day is going to be discombobulated and unorganized.  thank goodness i have other amazing vendors (like my photog. and florist) that have reassured me that if a view happens to drop the ball that they will absolutely pick it up.   
  • unlvgirlunlvgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding is almost a year away and I have already started off with a bad taste in my mouth. I started with Jen, who I thought was  open and honest about everything and I liked her. Then I guess Jen quit and I wasn't ever told the change. I met the new girl Jill when I called and when we met she was all over the place and I didn't feel like she knew what she was doing. She said she's worked  there for a while now, so I don't know why everything felt so foreign to her. My mom is going to have to act as the wedding coordinator that night to make sure everything happens since I can't see Jill doing it. I'm really disappointed so far and I've read other reviews online and it's making me nervous. =*(

• katelassokatelasso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally know a girl that was going to have her wedding at A view in fontenelle hills and was diagnosed with cancer. She was able to provide the doctor's paperwork and everything and they still would not give her her money back. She really needed the money since she's going through chemo right now. The wedding was suppose to be this August and they said you can either have the wedding or you forfeit the $1000 you gave them. I guess the girl working there felt really bad but the owner wouldn't give the money back. Just this fact alone is the reason I don't even want to look into them for my wedding. That's just wrong, what kind of people do that especially when she could prove she was just diagnosed with cancer?!
  • Amy52011Amy52011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my wedding here a few months ago when Jen was still there. I received an email back in July about her leaving, and honestly I was a bit relieved.  Im extremly suprised to hear all these negative reviews about Jill.. So far she has been very  friendly and helpful! My wedding is in the spring and I have already began the planning process with her. I have no worries at all! I definately feel like this change has been for the best...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards