Pre-wedding Parties

Suprise Shower and

We are planning a suprise shower for the bride. Is this ok? She has given us a comfortable time for her.  During teh busy time of her wedding.
I am the mom of the groom and we are pretty close. Her sister andI are planning this. I do not know if we will have enough time to do the whole ting.
Please let me know.
thank You.

Re: Suprise Shower and

• edited December 2011
    Anyone can host a shower for the bride, except the bride. Just make sure that anyone invited to the shower is also invited to the wedding.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just be sure that she at least knows to dress nice and look pretty that day.  I would be so upset if someone let me show up at my surprise shower in sweats with no hair and make-up because I thought we were just running to the store or out for coffee or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you mean by "The busy time of her wedding"?  And why do you think you won't have enough time to do this?  I need more information before I can answer this.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Hello I'm a Nail Tech. here in Atlanta and I provide manicures/pedicures for the bride to be, and/or the bridal party. I come to you and provide the service of your choice. I just thought this would be something that may be of interest to you.  You can visit my web site and take a look for yourself. www.nailed2perfection.webs.com  Thank you! 
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nailed:  vendors are not permitted on these boards.  You've been reported.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, before I came to the Knot I thought ALL showers were surprises, haha. Everyone in my family had a surprise shower and I prefer it that way, but you generally do know when it is coming. Just make sure you are well dressed for any mundane tasks you think you might be doing every Sat and Sun for the 2 months leading up to your wedding! Just kidding- but if it is a surprise, I'm sure your host will think to have an outfit ready for you. My mom is hosting my surprise shower, she better know to have a pretty dress and a straightening iron on deck! 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wait, you are the host- duh! If her sister is helping, have her have the proper clothes ready and makeup. Also, I doubt she will be upset that her "busy time" is interrupted for a party in her honor- one where she will be showered with gifts         nontheless! 
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a way that you can ask her to an event where she'd wear the same type of attire without giving anything away?  Or could you ask her to a random event and then have her sister show up that morning and say, "It's your shower!!"

Sometimes enlisting the help of the FI can work well too unless he's the type to say, "Girl stuff is dumb"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards