June 2012 Weddings
Options

9 days to go, and my dress won't zip up :( (vent)

So, I had my final fitting yesterday and we couldn't get my dress to zip up because "the girls were getting in the way", as my alterations lady put it. Now, I am in NO way well endowed and I have never had a problem with my boobs getting in the way, so I was dumbfounded.

I am supposed to be starting my cycle, so I'm hoping that it's all just bloat and that it'll be gone by Monday. If not, she said she'd have to let the dress back out in the chest region (which is the only place I had taken in in the first place).

I think I'd be more at ease if I could get back into my darn dress. First, it was an issue with my rib cage being too wide, and now it won't zip up at all because my "huge little B cup boobs" are getting in the way. FML... Yell

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 92 Ready to party!

Re: 9 days to go, and my dress won't zip up :( (vent)

• Options
    get the dress taken out so you can be comfortable
    Mashavoo
  • Options
    I would not doubt that it is because AF is coming. I have two dresses (one for ceremony/pics etc, and a fun one for the reception) My short reception dress is a zip up in the back. I tried it one one day and was flippin' out because it didn't fit. When it's my time I blow up like a balloon.. I usually gain about 5 or more lbs of water weight that week. I drank a crapton of water, and came back the next week and it fit perfectly.

If you think you are retaining water, I would try cutting out sodium, and flushing yourself with plenty of H2O for the next day or two, then try again and hopefully it will fit perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am right there with you. I tried my dress on on Monday and I couldn't get it to zip. I am getting ready for AF so now I am bloated and it's hard to zip the dress by myself. Like PP, I am cutting out sodium, eatting really healthy and working out a lot. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_9-days-to-go-and-my-dress-wont-zip-up-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:18321313-78cf-4d53-ad45-1415ed2825f5Post:8990be31-48ef-4a2b-9a7c-c44696658811">Re: 9 days to go, and my dress won't zip up :( (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would not doubt that it is because AF is coming. I have two dresses (one for ceremony/pics etc, and a fun one for the reception) My short reception dress is a zip up in the back. I tried it one one day and was flippin' out because it didn't fit. When it's my time I blow up like a balloon.. I usually gain about 5 or more lbs of water weight that week. I drank a crapton of water, and came back the next week and it fit perfectly. If you think you are retaining water, <strong>I would try cutting out sodium, and flushing yourself with plenty of H2O for the next day or two, then try again and hopefully it will fit perfectly.
    </strong>Posted by Jessimb0587[/QUOTE]

This! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice ladies! I've been drinking water like a fish. I already exercise regularly, and eat rather healthy, so I'm assuming it's just me retaining water because of AF. Fingers crossed!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    Good luck. I'm sure its just AF coming for another visit. Keep calm it will work out. If by monday it still doesn't fit she has enough time to still take it out.
  • Options
    This is why I bought a corsetted back - I didn't want to have to worry.. LOL.  Mine is being taken in at the waist right now, I guess I lost some weight or just never noticed when I got fitted in the beginning that it should have been taken in more in that area.  I really tested my dress out at the last fitting - sat down in it, bent over, etc and noticed the top was sliding down. They told me that in order for a strapless dress to stay up well, the area right below your rib cage needs to be super tight.  Well it can't get any tighter.  I told her I would pig out & gain a couple of pounds, but she said no - she would take it in.  I guess she realizes that I would probably lose more weight from stress & she will be altering it the week of.   As of now, I am set to get fitted again (and if all is well, take it home) on the 19th (wedding is 23rd).  Makes me a little nervous, I would rather try for the week before - but oh well, we shall see if that date moves up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_9-days-to-go-and-my-dress-wont-zip-up-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:18321313-78cf-4d53-ad45-1415ed2825f5Post:82353813-79e9-45e0-a783-609b00498abc">Re: 9 days to go, and my dress won't zip up :( (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is why I bought a corsetted back - I didn't want to have to worry.. LOL.  Mine is being taken in at the waist right now, I guess I lost some weight or just never noticed when I got fitted in the beginning that it should have been taken in more in that area.  I really tested my dress out at the last fitting - sat down in it, bent over, etc and noticed the top was sliding down. They told me that in order for a strapless dress to stay up well, the area right below your rib cage needs to be super tight.  Well it can't get any tighter.  I told her I would pig out & gain a couple of pounds, but she said no - she would take it in.  I guess she realizes that I would probably lose more weight from stress & she will be altering it the week of.   As of now, I am set to get fitted again (and if all is well, take it home) on the 19th (wedding is 23rd).  Makes me a little nervous, I would rather try for the week before - but oh well, we shall see if that date moves up.
    Posted by Qzees[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I totally was set on getting a corset back, but I couldn't find a dress that I fell in love with the way I did with this one! (go figure!) I've gone down 4 lbs since my fitting, so my guess is that it was a lot of bloat. I hope all goes well when I try on my dress Monday!

You'll probably get a more accurate fit if you try it on 4 days before the wedding. I'm sure your seamstress wouldn't suggest it, if she wasn't confident she could make any probable changes in time, but I know exactly how you feel! I was expecting my fitting to be my final, and now I've gotta wait until Monday... 4 days before my wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards