Snarky Brides

So FH has no friends, apparently

FH has been pretty good friends with V for about a year and a half. They met at work, hung out a lot, were roommates for a brief period of time. V decided they should take a road trip. They've been planning it for months. The plan was to bring V's friend P along, go from Oregon down to California to go to LA and Great America, go to Vegas, Arizona, head out to Alabama so FH could see his dad, head up to New York, and head home making some more stops along the way. It was supposed to take three weeks.

Day 5, FH calls me and says they don't want to do it anymore. Apparently they're not having enough fun and are blaming it all on him for being a wet rag or something. The reasoning being he's too quiet and not enthusiastic enough. WTF. Yeah, obviously he's unenthusiastic, seeing as he provided all the camping gear, put the rental car under his name, and did most of the planning with V. As far as I could tell, all P really cared about was hitting up a brothel in Nevada.

So that's that. C's essentially best friend is a douche. He has one other good friend but since he graduated a couple years ago and moved a couple hours away, they've drifted a bit and don't see much of each other.

At first they were all just going to come home but C was afraid of having to renegotiate with Hertz so he thinks he's going to go ahead and head to AL to see his dad. P and V are going to screw off and do their thing, rent their own car, and then apparently fly back to Oregon. Which will be expensive, which they deserve.

I am so ticked for him. I am about ready to call up V myself and rip him a new asshole but that would make C look bad so I won't. If I see him on campus in the future though, I might punch him with a flaming cactus.

FH has a lot on his mind. He's been struggling a bit more than usual with depression, he needs to find a new job, and now he has no friends. Fuuuuck. I wish I could help but there's really nothing I can do.

Thanks for listening. Have a virtual cookie:

And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
June siggy challenge!

Re: So FH has no friends, apparently

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Your virtual cookie is making it impossible to read whatever you wrote at the far right.
  • I can't read your thread. Some of the writing is cut off. Sorry :(
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    Edited, sorry. Sometimes my screen just goes weird, especially on this site, so I didin't realize it was the picture doing it.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • Ha! You fixed it good! Well, I am sorry to here that your FI has some crappy friends but it is good that he found out now that they are assholes. He will make new friends.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Aww thats sad :( his friends suck. Thanks for resizing your cookie.
  • That's no fun.  I'm sorry he has to deal with that.  He'll make new, non-sucky friends.
  • :(  That sucks!  What a tool (the friend). 
  • Wow, AL is a long ways away from Vegas. That's going to be a long trip alone. He might as well turn in the rental car and fly.

But it does suck that is friends are such douches. THink about it though, would you want to spend 3 weeks cooped up in a car with even your BEST friends? I don't think I would.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    Yeah, I can't think of anyone I'd want to be stuck in a car with for three weeks. Not even him I don't think- I like my alone time. But we wouldn't essentially break up over it, especially not after only 5 days.
    June siggy challenge!
  • Tempers often fly on road trips, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. They'll sort it out before they come home. It sucks that it's not fun right now though...it's hard to be far from home and miserable. I hope it improves in a hurry!
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    Eh, I doubt it. Maybe under other circumstances, but it seems the best way to seal the deal on ending a friendship is involving money, and they're each going to be out a good extra grand when it's all said and done. So I don't think I see them making up.

I'm tempted to fly out and see him, but for once in my life I have a job where I work during the week, not weekends, and the rates for flights to leave on a Friday and return on a Monday are horrendous. I looked into him flying back so he doesn't have to drive all that way and it's pretty inexpensive but Hertz charges a crapton if you don't return the car to where you got it from, so he's got to drive it back to Oregon.

Now apparently on top of all that, he's sick. So he only made it from Arizona to New Mexico today.

I'm still so full of rage over it. I keep having to tell myself that living well is the best revenge before I do something stupid.

Again, thanks for listening.
    June siggy challenge!
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I think I'm going to do it. If I can get some shifts covered, I'm going to buy a one way ticket from PDX to ATL and then drive back with him. According to google it takes 1 day and 21 hours to drive from Phenix City AL to Corvallis OR. I don't expect to make it with no stops whatsoever but we should be able to do pretty well taking turns.

I'm nervous but excited! I really hope I can get some shifts covered, and that my paycheck goes through like now. I can't wait to see his reaction when I call him up and say "guess where I am."
    "where, horse show?"
    "Nope, ATL"
    "..."
    www.exoticdancernet.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" />

His mom and stepdad said they'd watch the animals. Now I just need to blow up all my workmate's phones and find a way to contact his dad to make sure it's ok.
    June siggy challenge!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards