New Hampshire
Options

DJ suggestions?

The next thing to book is the DJ.  Anyone have any good (or bad) reviews??  Thanks!

Re: DJ suggestions?

• Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Drew Rissler from Get Down Tonight Entertainment.  He's been really great to work with.  Check back in with me in about two weeks and I'll have a full review!  The wedding is only 10 days away!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of booking DJ Greg Sowa. He's been great thus far! I haven't found a bad review for him yet! Good luck
  • Options
    ScottCayla11ScottCayla11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Peter Anania of Dancing Machine Co. We love him! He has been great to work with, his prices are amazing! Check him out! http://www.dancingmachineco.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Greg Sowa!! He came highly recommended from a friend. We met with him last October and or wedding is just  month away and he has been wonderful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Tim Patoine from A Good Time DJs.  He was EXCELLENT!  When we met with him, Tim listened to what we said, made us feel incredibly comfortable, and we instantly knew we'd made the right choice. On our wedding day, he arrived early to set up and check everything, and was ready to go!  Our guests LOVED the music, and had a BLAST on the dance floor.  I couldn't recommend him enough!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget?  DJ Dave Lynch gets the best reviews I see on here.

If you have a higher budget and a non stop party from before you even come in I'd say check out NuImage.  I know they are more than what most pay but this was the top of our list.
  • Options
    amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ken Dionne from Main Event DJs. Love him
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ Josh Field from ECF Entertainment!  He's great at reading crowds, isn't cheesy at all, and really knows his music.  ECF's prices are very reasonable, and they customize everything to make sure you get exactly what you want, and aren't paying for anything you didn't ask for.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone! I didn't know there were so many choices. We're not going to go crazy with the budget for a dj cause my fiancé wants uplighting too. Just hoping to get the most for our money :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_dj-suggestions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:af35f4ee-c4cf-44d5-9f44-bd8714b0f1bdPost:f68c218c-9430-4695-bd50-553babc21bd3">Re: DJ suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much everyone! I didn't know there were so many choices. We're not going to go crazy with the budget for a dj cause my fiancé wants uplighting too. Just hoping to get the most for our money :)
    Posted by najera36[/QUOTE]

<div>DJ Greg Sowa besides being a DJ can provide uplighting and a photobooth (for additional costs). Not sure what your budget is exactly, we booked him for both the photobooth and his DJ service and will be revisiting uplighting after tax returns to see if it's in our budget. I really like the idea of using the the least amount of different vedors as possible. Less phone calls to make later. He also works with another DJ who is less expensive than he is. Good luck!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Billy Rears from Main Event DJs and he was fabulous! Our guests are still telling us how great he was.  Our dance floor was packed the whole day!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I think we've narrowed it down to Main Even or DJ Greg Sowa, mainly because both have photobooths which we really want and lighting.  Both also have goten really good reviews.  We are, however, looking at lighting through another company as well.   Just gotta crunch the numbers :)  Thanks for all the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards