New York-Hudson Valley

Hot topic post

I sometimes like to post these for you guys because they're interesting posts. I'm not too sure what to think because she hasn't replied back to what anyone has said yet which in some ways says to me well she hasn't responded so is she snooping and found something and doesn't want to share?

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/1/41648997/ShowThread.aspx

Re: Hot topic post

• edited December 2011
    if they're on the same plan she has the right to look at the bill. he really has no right to freak out over that. a shared cell bill isn't "his" stuff it's "their" stuff.

i agree that the way the conversation went could have had a lot to do with why he got defensive though. but honestly, unless she started attacking him right off the bat there was no reason for him to go defensive. which means he's probably cheating or doing something he wants to hide. i'm the type though that if i was in her situation i would just call the number and find out who it is. or do a reverse look up, it's not hard to find out who a number belongs too.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think a lot of that depends on how the conversation went, especially since we're only getting her side of the story. What's the expression - something about being my side, your side, and the truth?

I would want to know who the numbers belong to, and would probably call them myself, but I think there was a right way and a wrong way to start the conversation. If my DH badgered me about something like that I would be annoyed too.
    imageimageimage
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately  every relationship is different , me and my fi share a bill . I would have no problem asking him about  extra charges  (ph # etc)  and he would give me the answer or vis versa . 

Seriously if there is nothing to hide what is the big deal , but i know plenty of couples who don't have that kind of relationship .

So what works for some people doesn't work for others i guess.

Obviously they are not that kind of couple and the entire chain of events lays on how she approached him.
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did forget to mention I feel bad for that girl , her stomach must be in knots . It's terrible she just can't talk to him .
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that a lot depends on how the conversation went.  If she presented it as I was reviewing our bill because it's higher than normal, do you recognize these extra calls or if she just said who is this number that you called 20 times can come across very differently. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hot-topic-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:428d9896-88d6-4f34-b9ba-73510e08577ePost:19af2e1f-e6e7-42bc-8a43-40714863edc5">Re: Hot topic post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that a lot depends on how the conversation went.  If she presented it as I was reviewing our bill because it's higher than normal, do you recognize these extra calls or if she just said who is this number that you called 20 times can come across very differently. 
    Posted by rblucy[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. And wish her good luck with the relationship.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards