Nevada-Las Vegas

Should I upgrade my reception room?

Hey everybody!

So...my RSVP inbox is currently 'exploding'. From 15-20 guests, it's ballooned to 27 (including me and my husband to be).

Currently I have reserved the Abruzzi room at Maggiano's: I had been planning on a Sweetheart Table and 3 round tables for 8 people, but it looks like I may have to go with four tables (8 people each) especially as my rsvp deadline isn't for another week.

I'm wondering whether I should take the plunge and upgrade to the Calabria room, get the bigger room with the bar in and extra space for the photobooth. I've been assured by Sabrina and Cassie at Maggiano's that my seating is not impacted by the photobooth but I'm starting to think the room might be a big small for a 4 hour gathering with all these people.

Any knottie with Maggiano experience, or Maggiano bride, care to comment? I can't do a scouting trip (I live in Europe) so I'm planning blindfolded here, ANY advice and comment on their rooms would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance:)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I upgrade my reception room?

• Thanks for your reply:)

I'm torn because the bigger room is almost double the size, and comes with a higher room minimum. I don't mind paying more money to feed my guests, but I don't want there to me a 500-600 dollar difference between my guests' dinners and the minimum I have to meet.
    Also I don't want the room to look empty if the guest list doesn't grow any bigger.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not a Maggianos bride, but we also upgraded our reception space because of a growing guest list.

It was a huge relief.  Does Maggianos include the cake, flowers etc in their room minimum?  You can always upgrade those to meet it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is the room occupancy for the room you currently have reserved? And what is the occupancy for the larger room?
  • Maggiano's allows cake, decor and even transport to go towards the room minimum, but they all come with the 20% service charge which I'm not too keen on.

Room occupancy for my current room is 32 with 4 round tables (so no head/sweetheart table), the other one is 48 as far as I'm aware. It just seems like there's not a lot of breathing room, that's all :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Perhaps wait the extra week until the RSVP deadline, and see if the number jumps again or not. Since you are only a handful of people away from reaching the lower occupancy, you may have to move to the larger room anyway... Gauge it after the final headcount. If you are still under 32 people, but feel it is too crowded, do what is best for your piece of mind and your budget, and if that means changing rooms, then do it :)
    Good luck!
  • I'm a Maggiano's bride and I did my scouting trip in June. Honestly, the Abruzzi room is quite small. It was much smaller than I had envisioned based on what I saw online. You'll be fine if you're not planning on dancing or moving around too much. We are expecting between 40 and 50 people and rented the DiCarlo and the Calabria rooms, but we wanted the bar and room for a dance floor. I have some pics of the Calabria room if that would help you out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How much is the difference in minimum for the two rooms? I agree with Emelia, I would wait til the end of your deadline - one week is not a lot and if many more people reply the decision will be made for you. Are you planning on dancing? Or just the photobooth?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • About 700 dollars difference between the rooms; no dancing, just dinner and the photobooth there (probably will go dancing somewhere else but that's another story:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went with the upgrade in the end and the piece of mind is definitely worth it! Also, bar and strip view:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards