September 2012 Weddings

Will this turn my finger green?

So I like this ring for a wedding band:

It matches my E ring perfectly, its a fabulous price and I just love it! I'm just wondering... my E ring is palladium so I know I'm okay on that, but will that ring turn my finger green or any other problems like that? I mean, I take my E ring off when I brush my teeth/wash my hands/shower/etc. But if I'm swimming I usually forget.

I'm not sure which metals will affect that. I know copper, but there's no copper...

Re: Will this turn my finger green?

• If its actually sterling silver as they state, then it won't turn your finger green... 
  • I have a ton of sterling silver and nothing has ever turned me green.  Same with my mom.  I think a lot of it has to do with your skin chemistry, along with the quality.  It's gorgeous- I'd be curious to see your E ring, it's similar to mine.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I have a sterling silver wedding band that I wear to work (I can't wear stones at work, but I want to wear something so I bought a simple band super cheap since I can't wear my e-ring) and since it's so easy to wear, I'll forget I have it on and end up wearing it for days at a time. It goes through crazy amounts of washing when I wear it and it's never turned me green, I think that only happens with costume jewelry, but I could be wrong. FWIW, I really like the ring you posted!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_will-this-turn-finger-green?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:8473f095-0858-45dc-b570-6c355930f896Post:6ba26351-4501-4e25-a175-f1e123c75b39">Re: Will this turn my finger green?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a sterling silver wedding band that I wear to work (I can't wear stones at work, but I want to wear something so I bought a simple band super cheap since I can't wear my e-ring) and since it's so easy to wear, I'll forget I have it on and end up wearing it for days at a time. It goes through crazy amounts of washing when I wear it and it's never turned me green, I think that only happens with costume jewelry, but I could be wrong. <strong>FWIW, I really like the ring you posted</strong>!
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks so much! I really wanted something with diamonds in it, too, but I can't find anything that I <em>love</em> that matches my ering too, ya know? I love love love this one so FI will buy it and maybe for a anniversary down the road we can upgrade to something fancy? I'd rather the ering have the spotlight and the band be sweet and mesh well =)</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the opinions everyone! FI said he'll order for me soon!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards