New Hampshire

$2,000 doesnt get you much...

On all fronts.  Photography, Videography etc.

I had a meeting with a florist so I have something to compare next week to my next florist meeting.  One is a shop one is out of her house.
The shop quoted me $2,000.....So, I hope the other is much lower. 

Is it customary not to look at portfolio's or not see samples of your flowers until the day before the wedding?  I just kind of winged it because I'm not a flower expert. 

Re: $2,000 doesnt get you much...

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Lyndsey Loring Design yet? She has packages and a-la-carte menu, pricing is right on her website. Also on her website is some of her portfolio, and she has more when you go in and sit down with her. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thats who I have a meeting with next week.  I cant wait!
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good! From your post about the previous meeting, I think you'll really like her. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We used a Vintage Rose in Methuen, MA.  Loved working with them.  We paid about 1500 and it included 10 table centerpieces (all flower), my bouqet, my toss bouquet, 4 girls bouquets, 2 mom corsages, 2 grandmother corsages, groom bout., 2 dad bouts., 4 GM bouts., headtable flower draping arrangement, a small arrangment for the placecard table, 2 church arrangements, delivery charge, and tax.  I told her what I would like to spend and wecame up with beautiful things.  WHen she quoted a price, I was able to add or bring down the cost until I was comfortable.  I highly recommend her.  GL

PS- How is the photography search going?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for the tip on the chelley.  I'll have to check them out too and see what they can come up with to compare all 3. 

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I recommend you check Anne's Country Florals, (Lowell Rd., Hudson) 603-889-9903 or www.annecountryfloral.com

Saw her at the WZID bridal show and her arrangements were very pretty and unique.  Her prices were much more reasonable that others that we talked to.  Her delivery charge is cheap too, ($50).

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I <3 Lyndsey. 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Lyndsey was the best bang for my buck, definitely.  I spent just $1522 and I got an amazing package:

- 13 table arrangements (hydrangea, timeless roses, seeded eucalyptus)
    - 5 BM bouquets (timeless roses, hydrangea)
    - My bouquet (using cabbage roses and hydrangea... gorgeous), and toss bouquet
    - FG pomander (hydrangea, tea roses)
    - DH, 5 GMs, 2 Dads, 2 Grandfathers, RB bout (timeless roses)
    - 2 Mother, 2 Grandmother corsages (timesless roses, seeded eucalyptus)
    - 2 Large church arrangements (lillies, hydrangea, roses)
    - Cake flowers (hydrangea, berries)
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards