Snarky Brides

Whatcha doing?

Im bored watching 20/20.  H had to get to work early tonight to deal with an incident that happened last night.

Its pretty cold  here so im thinking about starting a fire and renting that Taylor Lautner movie, or just going to bed.

Whats going on with you tonight?
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Whatcha doing?

• H is watching the UFC fights on FX, I just finished up a treadmill session and am thinking about sneaking out of the house to run the snowblower through the huge pile the plows just left across my previously snow-free driveway.  i say "sneak" because when I do it, H says it takes points off his "man card".  I just want it done though and don't want it to sit all night.
  • Anna- thank God H doesnt watch UFC.  I cant stand it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm watching "Teen Mom 2" (I know I'm super cool) and playing with my cats.  I made Tofu Peanut Stir Fry, which is one of my favorite foods, but FI was not a fan. 

A fire sounds so good, I'm jealous.  My last place had a fireplace, but our new apartment doesn't.  It's very much something that I miss.
  • watching diners drive ins and dives, laying on the couch thinking about going to bed. Im tired.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:af8ab349-3e11-4f20-90b7-16ceb39a1992">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna- thank God H doesnt watch UFC.  I cant stand it.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I don't mind watching it at all, mostly I mind when he has all the guys over since a few of them really get on my nerves with how they act after a beer or two.  I did a little MMA a few years ago but I never really got off on watching it on tv.  But I'm totally glad my H isn't a fanatic for any sport.
  • A fireplace was one of our must-haves when we were looking at houses.  H grew up with one and it was something he didnt feel like he could sacrifice.  Im glad he made it a must-have because I enjoy it.

I just cant start a fire to save my life.

20/20 tonight is about that cruise ship that sank and other cruise problems.  Its not making my fear of boats any better.  H wants to go on a cruise really badly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:6276d59e-a3f9-4567-9900-4cfd9acfc914">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]watching diners drive ins and dives, laying on the couch thinking about going to bed. Im tired.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

God i love that show.  And Guy Fieri.  I swear, my H would like to plan all our vacations around food places he highlights.
  • we just got a show here thats like the canadian version of it, called youve got to eat here, this just goes to canadian places to try their food. Surprisingly, quite a few of the places are within a few hours of me so were uh... planning on doing some eating lol. Im fallowing the show on twitter and fb and have also seen people rec'ing restaurants so ive been keeping a list of places I want to check out.
  • I am also contemplating adding all my TTC stuff to my sig so that it would make it easier posting on TB.  I post on a few really supportive boards for what I am going through.  But I dont want some people here knowing my business because they can be total assholes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:21c5ce17-5a07-4bab-a5e5-c6025c469556">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also contemplating adding all my TTC stuff to my sig so that it would make it easier posting on TB.  I post on a few really supportive boards for what I am going through.  But I dont want some people here knowing my business because they can be total assholes.

i'm not brave enough.  You however, are way braver and stronger than I.
  • H is watching 30 Rock on Hulu on his computer while simultaneously playing Magic the Gathering on the TV, so I'm reading and surfing the net (ha, I hate that term). 

Also, going through our wedding pictures on my computer figuring out which to print. Nine months after the wedding and we still haven't printed any. FAIL.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:813686cc-e4f7-4a12-9655-45d834ecc5fc">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatcha doing? : i'm not brave enough.  You however, are way braver and stronger than I.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I just know its easier to give advice (and get advice) over there when all your info is laid out, instead of having to repeat it over and over.

Plus, I dont want it to seem like a cry for some "poor you" compliments and stuff, ya know?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:7aa7fe2f-3ad5-465a-a3e0-dbd16f272b11">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue what kind of stuff would you add if you don't mind me asking?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Treatments and all that jazz.  Plus a few other things.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm contemplating whether or not to take Nyquil. I'm all stuffed up and want to sleep,, but my stomach is feeling a little upset so I'm not sure if taking anything with alcohol in it is a great idea.  
  • A fireplace will be a must have when we go house hunting, but this time, proximity to our campus won out.  I'm terrible at starting them too, my method for getting them started at our last place was begging FI to do it.

Koda, I hope your mouth feels better soon! I think the Ibuprophanes just work better for some people, FI managed a 'partial amputation' of his finger last summer, and got vicoden and huge horse tabs of ibuprophane.  The Ibuprophane worked better for him too. 
  • Blue, I wish we could have separate sigs for TK, TN and TB for that reason.  I'd suggest it to TK IT, but I have a feeling the whole site would go down in flames. 
  • Koda- I bruise really easily and when I got my wisdom teeth out I had 2 black eyes and a bruise on my cheek.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:d9e44b97-9be4-42d1-a975-489d9ceb6639">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatcha doing? : I just know its easier to give advice (and get advice) over there when all your info is laid out, instead of having to repeat it over and over. Plus, I dont want it to seem like a cry for some "poor you" compliments and stuff, ya know?

Yeah, they don't easily see a person as legit until they can see all they've been through (when giving advice) and it's definitely easier to answer questions when they know what you've already tried, what stage your at, etc.

I don't think it looks AW-ish at all.  You'll probably get a few comments from those that care to decipher the TB-IF-TTC speak, but I think that'll just be natural curiosity and short-lived.  Anyone gets all assholish, will be squished by the local residents I think. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:222fa376-7760-4700-ad58-9eb315b7797a">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, I wish we could have separate sigs for TK, TN and TB for that reason.  I'd suggest it to TK IT, but I have a feeling the whole site would go down in flames. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

I could just make another SN but that is way too much work for me.  I would end up messing it up and posting under the wrong name here and then the wrong name there anyways.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:222fa376-7760-4700-ad58-9eb315b7797a">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, I wish we could have separate sigs for TK, TN and TB for that reason.  I'd suggest it to TK IT, but I have a feeling the whole site would go down in flames. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you're 100% correct.
  • Well the last time I took Nyquil on an upset stomach, I threw it back up.  But that was probably because I had the flu, whereas now I think it's just a random upset stomach. 
  • This ghost just pushed this lady down the stairs!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:be93d10f-b267-4724-986a-6ec80e1e0b90">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatcha doing? : Say what??

He makes these little model people/tanks for a game he and his nerd friends play (I'm not sure what it's called), and last summer he was cutting a little piece of of one of them, and the knife slipped. It got right between the bones in his knuckle, and went halfway through (it was super, super gross).  He has full mobility back now, but he did have a super sexy pink splint for our engagement pictures. Apparently it's called a 'partial amputation' even though he didn't lose any of it.
  • the experts aren't sure whats going on... But they got the current number for Theresa.... It's been over fifty years but Theresa still could feel it. The experts can't imagine what shes going through.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:21c5ce17-5a07-4bab-a5e5-c6025c469556">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also contemplating adding all my TTC stuff to my sig so that it would make it easier posting on TB.  I post on a few really supportive boards for what I am going through.  But I dont want some people here knowing my business because they can be total assholes.

This is going to sound weird and stalkerish, but I always thought it was a little odd how separate you keep your TB stuff from your TK stuff, especially given how close you seem to be with people over here. I lurk on the Bump boards on which you post, so I know kind of a lot about what you're going through, anyway. If people want to be assholes, they can find those posts whether you post that kind of stuff here or not, know what I mean? It's the same internet and all.

But I can also understand wanting to keep them separate.
  • Gab - OUCH! I'm glad he recovered!

When I was 4 or so, I was playing on the floor next to the reclining chair where my mom was sitting.  I put my fingers on the blade and my mom didn't notice.  She had to get up, so she pushed the recliner down with her feet and almost took my whole pinky off. I still have a scar from it. My mom felt like the worst mom in the world for awhile. 
  • Arwo- I think its because of the un-written rule that TB stuff is kind of supposed to stay over there (unless its BSC stuff) but if I put it in my sig, then I brought it here myself?  I dont know.  I will probably do it anyways though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whatcha-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a5e5fa6-6222-41ba-ae14-b35d9b74ab7dPost:a411a194-a532-4e0e-9e32-96c0b3277e82">Re: Whatcha doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatcha doing? : Good lord.  I'm glad he's okay.

Thanks! I was too.  But now, since that finger was totally immobile for a few months, most of the muscle went away and it looks like he has 9 normal man fingers and 1 delicate little lady finger. 

Are the flowers in your sig wedding related, or do you just like them? They are quite pretty :)
  • Uh...what's up with the ghost thing here?
  • I had dinner tonight with a very lovely and delightful lady. H and I are just hanging out and watching adult swim. Babies scare me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards