New Jersey

Evening wedding reception end times - POLL

On another board, someone mentioned that they normally don't stay at the reception past 8 or 9pm, unless they are really close with the bride or groom.

That got me thinking...if you are having an evening wedding, what time will your reception be over?

Re: Evening wedding reception end times - POLL

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ours is ending at midnight.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Ours was 6-11 p.m. and most people stayed until the end.

Many of our friends came back to our hotel room for drinks until maybe 2 a.m. And I heard my aunt and uncle hosted some of the adult guests (not that we're not adults too, lol, I mean adults in our parents' generation) in their own room for drinks.

• maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6:30-11:30 Friday Nite.
  • kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is 7pm-midnight
    Photobucket
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be 7pm to midnight (Friday night)...
    Once again, glad to see I'm not crazy or out of the norm for having a late reception.. I'm guessing receptions start and end much earlier in other locations around the world....
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is 7-12 pm.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Our reception is 7:30 p.m. to midnight, Saturday night with an afterparty till about 2:00 a.m.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours ends at 1230am
  • edited December 2011
    Friday night: 7-12:30am
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Saturday night: 6-11pm
  • edited December 2011
    Saturday 6-11pm.  We are having an afterparty til 2am. I have never been to a NJ wedding where many ppl left early. I have been to ones in other states where ppl left well before the cake even came out- if u dont have alcohol or a full meal (which is normal in some other states) I think ppl leave earlierand also if the entertainment is bad. At my sisters wedding, I dont think a single person left before the end and we were all very sad when it was over haha
  • edited December 2011
    Ours was 7pm-midnight (Saturday night). Then the BP and some close friends and fam came with us to the bar that was upstairs. Most of us were up until about 4am.
  • edited December 2011
    7pm - Midnight on a Friday night. I think the norm is to start a little later on a Friday night because it is a work day.
  • edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at 7 (have to wait an hour after sundown!)
    coktail hour is 7:30 - 8:30
    reception is 8:30 - 12:30.  We're doing the cake, etc 11ish so that the grandparents can go back to the hotel.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is Sunday of Memorial day weekend.  Ceremony at 5 and then cocktail hour 5:30-6:30 and reception 6:30-10:30.

Early enough that people could go home but late enough that people can stay at the hotel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of a special snowflake -- ours ended at 10:30.  The latest our ceremony (which was at a church) could start was 3:00.  Our venue only holds one big event per weekend, so we had the luxury of picking any start time we wanted.  We chose 4:30 so our guests could go straight there after the ceremony and wouldn't have to deal with a gap.  We extended the event by an hour though so it wouldn't end at 9:30, which seemed too early.

The afterparty lasted until around 3 :)
  • Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours ends at 12:30. We are hosting a party in our room when we get back to the hotel for those who still have some energy left.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is 6-11 on a Saturday night, but we'll be partying with everyone back at the hotel since it's my bday at midnight.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Ours ends at 11:30. 6:30-11:30 (included cocktail hour)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    5:30-9:30 Sat. nite
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours ends at 11:00
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    7-12 on a Sat night.  There is another event earlier until 5, and our ceremony starts at :630
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be 5- 10pm 'cause it's a Sunday night. Even though it's a 3 day weekend, I figure not everyone will have the day off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ends at 11 it's a Sunday night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards