Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Photo sharing website?

Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to use for the wedding guests to share their pics on?  I know people have said that this doesn't always work out the best, but I'm going to do it anyway :)  My biggest question is this: I can't find an option in my current Shutterfly account that allows me to download the pics from the site onto my computer - which is obviously a must!  I don't want to have to order all the pics from Shutterfly just to get a copy of them.  So, has anyone used a photosharing website they love that lets them download digital copies??

TIA!!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photo sharing website?

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Flikr lets you do that.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't!? I wish I had figured that out before getting my cards printed!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    crap, me too. Although, I will probably just  print the ones I like.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shutterfly has a "share" feature (I did this with my honeymoon photobook a few posts down).  The photos go to a public website, and I think guests could download them from there.  They might not be high res though.  There's also a one-time email option, so you could email all the photos to yourself, but it wouldn't help the guests get pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    That's exactly what I am worried about - I want to print the cards with the cyber Monday deal, but want to make sure that the site will work to allow my guests and I to download the pics for free.  It looks like Flickr lets you download them at a moderate resolution for free with the free account, or at high resolution with the paid ($25) account. 

Shutterfly might let you do that somehow, I just haven't been able to figure it out this morning... and if its that difficult for me to find, then my guests will never find it!  Flickr seems to have a pretty user friendly interface.  Upside is that the cards are pretty cheap so they could always be reprinted if Flickr doesn't end up working out.  Thanks for the help!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't know Shutterfly didn't give you that option! That kinda blows....welp, I already have 500 business cards sitting in my living room so I'll have to get over it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I just double check with my Photo Bucket account - I used while I lived abroad for a year to share photos with my family. (before it was cool for family or anyone out of college to be on facebook haha)

It looks like it will do everything you want. They allow you to email photos, share photos on facebook and download them to your computer.

check it out - http://photobucket.com/

HTH! :)
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kodak Gallery lets you download highres pics!
    I actually made Shutterfly share cards and then redid them with the Kodak Gallery so that I could download them. For the $5 print cost it was fine for me to switch them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards