Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Styles for very short hair?

I am a cancer survivor, and the chemotherapy did a number on my hair. It is very thin and fine now, so I wear it short in order for it to have some kind of shape.

I would like to do something special with it for the wedding, but all the pretty styles seem to be for hair that is at least shoulder length. I thought of a floral piece but I don't know if my hair is thick enough to hold one.

Any other ideas or suggestions where to look for ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Styles for very short hair?

• my hair is pretty short too it's a pixy cut, I'm doing fingerwaves wtih a birdcage veils and flower comb. here are a couple very short haired brides for inspirations
    http://dbsutton.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/some-love-for-the-short-haired-bride/
  • Thanks forthe link Dizzinea! I like the headband photo/idea. My dress is very tailored, so that would look great--better than flowers or a tiara, for example.

Your style sounds wonderful!
  • My FI is also a cancer survivor and his hair grew back very different for the first five months after he finished chemo. A year later his hair is coming in almost normally. When is your wedding? If its over a year away, it might continue to change and start growing in more like it used to. Now FI's hair is growing ridiculously fast and thick; the color is still not quite right (*kind of a grey tinted brown). Congrats on beating the cancer and your engagement!
  • Congratulations on kicking cancers butt!

I had really short hair for my wedding and I used a headband as the focal point instead of a veil, comb, etc.  You can see pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/brendon.redick/Wedding#5490445968376456850
  • I finished chemo about 18 months ago...don't think my hair will change much more lol

Thanks for the congrats!

I'm leaning towards a headband, maybe with lace that matches my dress--then no worries about a comb/flower sliding out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards