Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Waterproof/water-resistant makeup help!

Hi, I'm getting married in August of this year and was wondering if anyone could recommend a waterproof or water-resistant foundation and concealer? Also that has good coverage. It's an outside ceremony/reception in Michigan so it'll be really warm, and I'm sure I will be crying. So please let me know some good products! Thanks!

Re: Waterproof/water-resistant makeup help!

• s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    I don't know of any makeup, but check out setting spray - it should hold your face together for the most part.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I second a setting spray. Urban Decay makes a product called "All Nighter" (link)

I used Smashbox as a foundation and was pleased enough with it.
  • I also used Smashbox and it looked perfect for 18 hours.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just foundation and concealer alone won't stay all day long. Your key is to layer products. First use a mattifying primer if you're worried about shine, then layer a matte foundation on top of it, ones I actually really like are Revlon Colorstay in the formula for oily/combination skin, Kat Von D' Lock It tattoo foundation , Make Up Forever Mat Velvet +, and Lancome
    teint miracle. Those are pretty high coverage, so concealer really shouldn't be necessary, however I don't know what exactly you're attempting to cover so use your own judgement there. Finally, set that foundation with loose powder first, dust off any excess and use a setting spray, Model in a Bottle and Skindinavia are great brands (the urban decay one is made by skindinavia, so why not just go right to the source no?). I hope you find something that works for you!
  • Mascara that will never run - Stila Stay All Day Mascara, Makeup Forever Aqua Smokey Eyes
    Foundation- Stila Stay All Day (Even comes with a long wearing concealer). Makeup Forever Face and Body (great if you want something more sheer) and set with their translucent matte powder. Cover Fx makes a great line of long wearing makeup too, but some are a little on the heavier side.
  • Well it all depends upon your skin type and what coverage you want/need, but Make Up Forever (sold at Sephora and on their website) has great foundations that are popular for weddings.  I personally have problem/more oily skin so after trying both Make up forever HD foundation and Make up forever Mat Velvet, I definitely prefer the Mat Velvet! The Mat velvet is stated to be waterproof and gives a little more coverage if you need it (it is medium-full where I feel the HD is more sheer-medium even though they advertise as medium to full).   It dries to a lovely powder finish that is not too matte, and even "dewy" after a few hours if you have combo-oily skin, IMO.  However, I hear if you have major dry patches, they tend to show, but you can exfoliate to eliminate this problem.  They also have concealers that are waterproof--I know the Make up forever full cover concealer is waterproof, but better for covering blemishes or hyperpigmentation than undereye--too dry.  I have a hormonal condition so sometimes I'm trying to cover some blemishes/scarring and prefer the fuller coverage in foundation and concealer.  If you dont have much to cover or have drier skin, try a really good primer for your skin type (dry? oily? combo? they make them for all types) and the Makeup forever HD foundation.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards