South Carolina-Charleston

Dress Alterations

Hey ladies!! I was wondering if any of ya'll had any recommendations for getting wedding dress alterations? My wedding isn't until June, but I figured I should go ahead and start looking into this.

Thanks ladies!!

Re: Dress Alterations

• edited December 2011
    I got mine at David's Bridal which is where I got the dress
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you have a good experience with them? My dress came from there also. I'm just nervous because I've heard horror stories about their alterations people.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_dress-alterations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:c9d74fad-1de5-45ab-94cc-f8554e11d791Post:8b618103-90cd-4e89-987d-0bd955b61e64">Re: Dress Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you have a good experience with them? My dress came from there also. I'm just nervous because I've heard horror stories about their alterations people.
    Posted by Purple&7[/QUOTE]

When I googled there were a few places with good reviews.
    <font color="#009933"><a href="http://www.condons<strong" rel='nofollow'>www.condons<strong</a>>bridal</strong>boutique.com/</font>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Well I get it back Oct 5 so I will let you know ha. I only got a french bussle though.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_dress-alterations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:c9d74fad-1de5-45ab-94cc-f8554e11d791Post:ad9493bc-c684-41f5-a0d0-66d1d86c3020">Re: Dress Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I get it back Oct 5 so I will let you know ha. I only got a french bussle though.
    Posted by oguesswhat[/QUOTE]
    That's so soon! You must be getting very excited??! When and where is your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    It is in 51 days! Nov 20th at Magnolia Plantation! Its such a quick wedding I hope I don't forget anything I have to get cake ordered today, my fiances outfit and book the photographer...We only started planning like 3-4 weeks ago. I got location, food, flowers, linens and ceremony chairs ha.
    edited December 2011
    That is really fast! I'm sure you'll get everything done on time and have a beautiful wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    David's bridal did real well on my dress bussle. I got to take it home today!
    edited December 2011
    Can you post pictures please? I love looking at dresses!!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my alterations done at Julius Alterations & Cleaners (clicky). They are awesome and reasonably priced. I will forever boycott DBs b/c they are liars, especially when it comes to alterations! Last year, I went to two separate DBs in two different towns and was told by BOTH STORES that any of their dresses could be altered 2 sizes up or 2 sizes down. So, naturally, I order my dress a size too small hoping to lose weight. Dumb move on my part, yes, but I still did it. 2 weeks before the wedding my cousin sends a frantic email telling us that DB had told her there was no way to let her dress out (she did the same thing I did) and she had to rush order another dress. So, I freak out and try on my dress and it zips, but it's super tight and and I can't breathe! I really only needed like 1/2 inch or so on each side to make it work. So, I call our DBs and I am told the same thing that letting the dress out at all was absolutely impossible and there is no way it can be done. I am livid!!! They straight up lied to us. So, I found Julius, who took one look at my dress, said yes it could be done, and they had my dress back to me within one week and it fit perfectly. I also sent them my wedding dress and will be getting it back in a couple of weeks! 
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_dress-alterations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:c9d74fad-1de5-45ab-94cc-f8554e11d791Post:6df98c26-aa54-4361-a938-19870b061a23">Re: Dress Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my alterations done at Julius Alterations & Cleaners ( clicky ). They are awesome and reasonably priced. I will forever boycott DBs b/c they are liars, especially when it comes to alterations! Last year, I went to two separate DBs in two different towns and was told by BOTH STORES that any of their dresses could be altered 2 sizes up or 2 sizes down. So, naturally, I order my dress a size too small hoping to lose weight. Dumb move on my part, yes, but I still did it. 2 weeks before the wedding my cousin sends a frantic email telling us that DB had told her there was no way to let her dress out (she did the same thing I did) and she had to rush order another dress. So, I freak out and try on my dress and it zips, but it's super tight and and I can't breathe! I really only needed like 1/2 inch or so on each side to make it work. So, I call our DBs and I am told the same thing that letting the dress out at all was absolutely impossible and there is no way it can be done. I am livid!!! They straight up lied to us. So, I found Julius, who took one look at my dress, said yes it could be done, and they had my dress back to me within one week and it fit perfectly. I also sent them my wedding dress and will be getting it back in a couple of weeks! 
    Posted by scamberlous3000[/QUOTE]
    Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards