Virginia-Richmond

caterers and photograhper advice?

Anybody have any recommendations for caterers? looking for a good reliable caterer for a reasonable price:) looking at mosiac...anybody deal with them?  also looking for a talented photographer.  our venue is a little dark so they have to be pretty well with their lighting techniques:) thanks!!!

Re: caterers and photograhper advice?

• jenwen32jenwen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Kuhn's Photography.  kuhns photo dot com
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Mosaic. LOVE them! The food is absolutely fantastic, and the fact that they can coordinate everything including any rentals is so helpful. We are working with Myra, she's great! Emails are always promptly returned, and she's met with my many times to change things. A friend of mine worked with Ryan and he was also really great to work with. You can't go wrong!

Our photographer is Katelyn James....She's absolutely phenomenal. She's a natural light photographer though, so you may want to mention that in any email communication.

katelynjames.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Dirt Road Photography.  She takes beautiful pictures!!!!  Check her out, and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    David Schwartz is amazing we love hime

Cusine & Co - Jen Gaughan also great

I planned a wedding in 5 months could not have done it without these too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    As far as photographers go - we used LIndsay Gray Photography - and were INCREDIBLY happy with our pictures!! She's amazing to work with!  She's an upcoming photographer so you won't get a lot of the "markup" that you will with others. 

Check her out! www.lindsaygrayphoto.com
    Ruth 1:16 - But Ruth replied "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go, I will go and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
  • edited December 2011

We had the same concern for low light as you.  We used ModernWED photography.  They have a background in fashion photography.  We liked that because they have tons of experience with all types of lighting.  They have this bag of tricks that they bring to handle anything.  Pictures were wonderful. Plus they seemed like one of the family and made it easy and fun.

• edited December 2011
    Robert Henshaw-Suder photojournalist is amazing. I was so upset he was booked for our date.
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Corbin kell photography, he is based out of LA but he is always looking for an excuse to come back to the east coast and will travel for like $200 or less. He has an amazing portfolio. He'll be shooting our wedding in October. Www.corbinkell.cc
  • klsheriffklsheriff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David Abel Photography does amazing work.  We love our engagement pictures and had a great time with him during the shoot.  

We are using IK Catering.  They were by far the most reasonably priced I could find in the area.  When we initially met with them for a tasting we were overwhelmed with the amount of food they prepared for us to try!  And they let us take the rest of it home (3 to go boxes full!)- all for free!  Loved it!  You can add on bar packages starting at like $6-7/person- thanks to them we don't have to do a cash bar!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer - David Abel Photography.  He was so great to work with and his attention to detail is amazing. 

Caterer - A Sharper Palate.  They were awesome.  We had a tasting with them and left with a bag of the leftovers that we had for dinner.  They even made little wedding cake cookies for us to take home.  Their staff was so professional and always seemed to be right there when I needed something.  I would highly recommend using them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards