Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Bride -n- Belle in Medford for alterations

Hi Ladies-

My sister (MOH) wanted me to blast this place b/c she took her bridesmaid dress in for some alterations there last week and they ruined her dress! She is very upset about how BAD the work that they did was.  She has an appointment today with a former Yolanda's seamstress (to try and fix the dress) who told her that she isn't the first person to come to her after having a bad experience at the Bride and Belle.

So, ladies if you buy a dress from there DON'T get it altered there!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bride -n- Belle in Medford for alterations

• Options
    suzyb1suzyb1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! That's where I got my wedding dress that needs alot of work.  Do you know exactly who worked on her dress there? The name of the seamstress?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That place is HORRIBLE for alterations!  They have great prices for dresses, some of the cheapest around, but the alterations are awful.  I got a BM dress there for a friend's wedding, and had to have it fixed 3 different times and the last time I picked it up (which was the day before the wedding!) it was too long and I had to hold it up the hold day/night.  I've never seen anything like it.  Almost all of us BMs had some sort of issue with our dress.  I think her name is Teresa.

Suzy, definitely take your wedding dress somewhere else for alterations.  Chris Fine Tailoring in Teele Sq/Somerville is great and just up the street from BnB.

Precious Memories in Malden is awesome for alterations, too.  The womans name there is Teresa as well.
  • Options
    dovesweet07dovesweet07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats great information, thanks for sharing! So they called me to say my dress was in but I havent gone to pick it up or look at it yet. Should I just go pick it up and tell them I already have alterations figured out? Will they be weird about that or it is pretty common to do?
  • Options
    dparisidparisi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are uncomfortable telling them no alterations-a little white lie won't hurt. Just tell them that a family friend is a seamstress and is doing your alterations as a wedding gift to you Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress and there and won't be using them for alterations because I heard the same horror stories. I also heard Precious Memories is great. However, the place in Teele Square that was mentioned was a disaster last time I took a bridesmaid dress there.
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dovesweet:  don't feel bad about taking it elsewhere for alterations.  (and I don't think you should have to lie, but whatever makes it easier!)  It is totally normal to take it elsewhere and they shoudlnt' give you trouble.    I'm having my dress altered outside the place I bought it. I mentioned it over the phone and they said it was fine.  I just took it with me after trying it on at the store to make sure it was the right size and everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards