Florida-North Florida

Hotel to book block of rooms in Destin

So I had a block of rooms for my guests booked at the Holiday Inn on the beach in Destin for my 10/13/12 wedding.  Did this months ago.  Me and my fiance even booked our room here(we live in AZ).  Just got a phone call today from Holiday Inn saying that my block and my reservations are being cancelled because half the hotel is being demolished for renovations starting in September.  Luckily we are not having our wedding here like the 3 other brides I was told were gonna be shortly getting a phone call saying they had to find another venue/reception site. 

So now I need to find another hotel. One that isn't too crazy expensive, close to the beach(there are actually not many hotels directly on the beach here) and not too far from my wedding venue(Henderson Beach Park).  Any suggestions?  Anyone familiar with the Embassy Suites in Destin?(this was one of the suggestions the woman from Holiday Inn gave me). 

Re: Hotel to book block of rooms in Destin

• Thats very poor business on their part. 
    Anniversary
  • Oh I agree.  Seems like they would know more than 7 months in advance that major renovations would take place.  I just feel bad for the brides that had that hotel as their venue.  Can you imagine finding out 6 months from your wedding that you need to find a new venue for your ceremony and reception???
  • I am not sure where that park is but my wedding is east of destin so I have rooms blocked at the Hampton Inn at Sandestin and the Marriott Courtyard at Sandestin. The Hampton was less expensive and includes a hot breakfast and the Marriott is more expensive but fabulous customer service and the hotel is pretty new so it's beautiful.
  • The Embassy Suites is Destin is very nice, but it is across the street from the beach so keep that in mind. I got married in Destin in October and we didn't reserve a block of rooms, but several people stayed at the Embassy Suites or the Hampton Inn (there are two Hampton Inns and this is the one closest to the outlet mall). The Ramada in Destin doesn't have very good reviews, so I steered my guests away from there. Even though the Embassy Suites is across the street, I've stayed in a house right next to it and the road is not very busy at all so you can cross the street to get to the beach with no issues!
    Photobucket
  • Thanks for the replies.  From what I'm reading on tripadvisor about the Embassy Suites, it is across the street but not that far a walk.  If they can meet the rates the other hotel was originally gonna give me then I will likely go with them.  I would love to get a condo for me and my fiance right on the beach but we are staying for 6 nights and trying to keep our travel costs down so that we will have more for our honeymoon the following Feb.
  • Wow!  I'm getting married at the Holiday Inn Resort in August!  This is kinda scary!  Need to do some checking now!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Or actually, I'm getting married at the one in Fort Walton Beach.  Think there's another one in Destin.  THis is the one where I'm getting married.  Think they're very close together though:

Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Mstoini, they are about 15-20 minutes apart depending on traffic. If traffic is bad it will probably only take 30 minutes at the most to get from one to the other (depending on how fast you drive). I was about to say that there are two so yours was probably the Fort Walton one if no one has notified you :) We stay at the condos right next to it all the time (we will actually be there the first week of August) and it is a really peaceful/beautiful section of the beach!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards