Nevada-Las Vegas

Since my other thread was closed, here's a new one with a great link for couples supporting LGBT

I posted my question about wanting a lesbian non-Christian officiant on the "Gay Weddings" board here on the knot community, and rather than receive the scorn I was shown in this forum, a very helpful person suggested that a simple and elegant way to show support for gay marriage on one's wedding day is by wearing white knots. 

For anyone who's ever felt conflicted about being able to enjoy a basic human right that so many others are deprived of, check out the "Stories" tab at the top about how to show support on your wedding day in a tasteful manner. "Katie and Keith" are a heterosexual bride and groom who used the white knots in a tasteful way. I especially like how Katie tied a white ribbon around her wrist.  

Enjoy!

Re: Since my other thread was closed, here's a new one with a great link for couples supporting LGBT

• Regarding the 'scorn you received in this forum;' that's pretty hypocritical, unless you're just not familiar with what scorn means:

Scorn
    1 : open dislike and disrespect or derision often mixed with indignation
    2 : an expression of contempt or derision

You came on here looking for something that would enable you to turn your own wedding into a insult to certain religions and the wedding industry.  I assume that at the very least, you know this is a forum for people who are likely to be very enthusiastic about getting married and having a wedding in Vegas, and chances are, at least a few might be of the religion you were targeting, therefore, you likely insulted a bunch of people just with your first post.  That would be scorn.

It wasn't over there though, you then described what you were looking for in a way which I'd have to imagine would be insulting to some in the LGBT community; i.e., you'd prefer a "butch" lesbian who makes their preference "more evident" over a lip-stick lesbian, but you'd sacrifice and take a lip-stick lesbian as long as they made a point to announce their orientation to your wedding guests, basically saying you classify lesbians in certain ways and some would not be good enough for your intended exploit of their orientation, religion and personal appearance preferences.  I find it interesting how you left that whole part out of your post on the Gay Weddings board.

Anyway; lets keep future posts on topic.  Your other post could have easily been written in a way that would not have stirred up the mess it did.  So I'm not saying don't post whatever you want going forward, but just think about how it's worded before clicking.  We've been very drama free on the vegas board for a while now and I would like to keep it that way, preferably the easy way.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• In the spirit of keeping things on-topic and focused...

I love the idea of white knot inclusion.  A subtle yet powerful statement of support that doesn't overshadow and/or detract from the ceremony itself.  
  • See, that was easy! Smile

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Well I agree that I should have left out the butch vs. lipstick part. I wrote that in there for my own amusement.

But posting a topic about wanting a non-Christian officiant shouldn't be perceived as any more insulting than someone posting a topic about wanting a Jewish officiant. Posting about wanting a lesbian officiant shouldn't be perceived as insulting to somone's religion. Bigoted, homophobic religious beliefs aren't my problem to deal with.

If anything, I would think people going to Vegas to get married might be, on average, less traditional or fundamentalist than people who stay in their hometown and have a church wedding. 

Anyway, I'm done talking about it. 
  • edited January 2012
    I'm sure if you did a copy and paste onto their board you would have gotten the same result, possibly worse, than here. And since you posted in a more politically correct fashion (by not throwing the words "butch" and "lipstick" out there) they STILL all told you it was offensive. That was a major fail on what you tried to make a "told ya so" post. If you tried being less aggressive and confrontational in your posts, this board will be extremely helpful in your planning.
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's one polemic babble after another. AJ said it all, what a" major fail on what you tried to make a "told ya so" post".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards