Michigan-Grand Rapids

TJ the DJ

has anyone used and/or heard of this guy?  I've seen him on a few websites...however I can't seem to find ANY reviews about him (already checked wedding wire) except for on HIS website...and obvioulsy he's only going to post the good things...

His prices seem to be the best...or at least really good...just wondering...THANKS!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: TJ the DJ

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

Hmm I couldn't find any reviews by googling either. Weird! I don't know much about him.. did you check the Vendor Recommendation thread at the top of the page? Someone may have used him and put it in there. Otherwise, I know there are several great reviews in there for other DJs in the area.

Good luck!
  • kristadejongekristadejonge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard him DJ at a couple bars before... He's pretty good... Never heard in a wedding setting... Im using Curtis Avison. He is super reasonably priced and he is AMAZING!!! Super nice guy!
  • revmistyrevmisty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my brides used TJ the DJ for her reception and was very happy with him. He is on WeddingWire, his direct profile link is:

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/tj-the-dj-entertainment-grand-rapids/9564883ccff18821.html

Hope that helps,

Misty Urban
  • revmistyrevmisty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another DJ that I would definitely recommend you check out is John from Baritone Productions. He's a great wedding entertainer DJ/MC and was a radio broadcaster for years so he's got a great voice for an MC. He's also got a very competitive special going on this season because he's starting out on his own instead of continuing to work for some of the more popular DJ services in the GR area. His website is http://www.baritoneproductions.com

Hope that helps,

Misty Urban
  • edited December 2011
    I saw him at Florentine's and didn't like him at all.
  • JessicaV2011JessicaV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried booking TJ the DJ and he was quite flaky. I told him a month ago that I wanted to book one of his DJs for my wedding date (in June) after he said he had one available. I asked him repeatedly to start the process of securing the date for me and he was no help. He just emailed me today and said he was no longer available. I understand dates get booked but he kept putting off my requests to book the date instead of just letting me know he was no longer available so I could find someone else.  Poor business practice.
  • kwreckskwrecks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only time I've ever seen him is when a college sorority had their formal at the golf club that I worked at.  I wasn't really impressed with him, but he wasn't the worst I've heard, either.  One DJ I would recommend is Greg Martin, with Entertainment on the Move.  He's been a DJ in the Grand Haven/Muskegon area for years and he is awesome, keeps the crowd going all night and has an awesome personality. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards