Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Natural linen/burlap table runners

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if any of you rented natural linen or burlap table runners for your wedding in the DFW area? I've contacted a few vendors but no one seems to have them. I'd like to avoid DIY-ing table runners if possible. A wedding planner I talked to hinted that she knew a place that rented them locally... but she wouldn't give them up until I hired her! Understandable that she didn't want to give up her trade secrets, but I thought I'd ask you ladies. Thanks a lot for your help!

Re: Natural linen/burlap table runners

• MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was interested in renting tables linens, it turned out cheaper to buy them.  Just a thought.

What size are you looking for? I'm going to list some, but I only have four.

I know you said you would like to avoid DIYing it, but Joann's sell burlap by the bolt I think for $40. You could use a coupon and bring that cost even cheaper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_natural-linenburlap-table-runners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4242a681-3d33-4dc5-be35-083182721e6dPost:07a5af80-2874-4fe9-8c18-0cf2890db6e9">Natural linen/burlap table runners</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, I was wondering if any of you rented natural linen or burlap table runners for your wedding in the DFW area? I've contacted a few vendors but no one seems to have them. I'd like to avoid DIY-ing table runners if possible. A wedding planner I talked to hinted that she knew a place that rented them locally... but she wouldn't give them up until I hired her! Understandable that she didn't want to give up her trade secrets, but I thought I'd ask you ladies. Thanks a lot for your help!
    Posted by livelovelc[/QUOTE]

I don't know of anyone who rents these in the DFW area, but what I CAN say is that burlap is incredibly inexpensive and DIYing them or even buying them outright would be less expensive than renting them.  The few sites I found online in other parts of the country that rent burlap table runners were asking $15-20 per runner... ouch.  You can buy them outright from your pick of vendors on Etsy.com for $9-10 a piece.  If you DIY them, they'd cost $5 or less.  I would definitely buy over renting.

GL!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • livelovelclivelovelc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help ladies! I'm thinking if I'm not super worried about the edges (which I'm not) then I could just cut them and not even bother with hemming. My grandmother has offered to help sew if needed. MLandCJ, I'm not 100% sure on what size yet, we're still working out our floor plan. I originally wanted long banquet tables but it appears that the Filter Building seems to look better with rounds in it since it's such an oblong building. 
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Cutting burlap is pretty easy! Just cut a cord of it and then pull it out. It turns out into a perfect straight line :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This blog offers a good idea of how to diy with burlap- what ML was describing above- pull out one thread and then you have a straight line to cut along! : 
    http://www.heidimilton.com/archives/345

Also- hobby lobby has a 40% off coupon on their website that applies to an entire cut of fabric (not just one yard). I got 3 yards of burlap recently and it cost a total of 8$. You can use one per day- so go up there on multiple days to get your burlap and then modge podge. No sewing needed!
  • KHollyTXKHollyTX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a filter building bride too!!  I'm probably not going to do burlap, but that would look great there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There are a couple of fabric stores off of Harry Hines that should carry a burlap type fabric.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_natural-linenburlap-table-runners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4242a681-3d33-4dc5-be35-083182721e6dPost:1601ece3-0db3-4fc9-816d-66d5b5b93aa6">Re: Natural linen/burlap table runners</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are a couple of fabric stores off of Harry Hines that should carry a burlap type fabric.
    Posted by lynn-michelle[/QUOTE]

I went to Harry Hines to look for burlap for my aisle runner, and they actually ended up being more expensive than Hobby Lobby. I ended up getting a 45'x4' bolt for $35 after my 1/2 off coupon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Had to remove this message, im still a newbie :)
  • Bella Rentals in Fort Worth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards