Intro

Significant Other's Age: 26
What You Do: House"wife"
What SO Does: Nerd
State of Relationship: Pre-engaged He's saving for the perfect ring
How Long You've Been Together: 1year
Fur Babies:  1 Dog
Favorite Color: blue
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He treats me like a princess and i love him more everyday there is no favorite thing because everything about him is my favorite so basically He is my favorite
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: 
Describe Your Personality:  laid back

Re: Intro

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:27b98282-c6d8-43af-b3a5-7a55e4127cfe">Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Age: 20 Significant Other's Age: 26 What You Do: House"wife" What SO Does: Nerd State of Relationship: Pre-engaged He's saving for the perfect ring How Long You've Been Together: 1year Fur Babies:  1 Dog Favorite Color: blue Favorite Thing About Your SO: He treats me like a princess and i love him more everyday there is no favorite thing because everything about him is my favorite so basically He is my favorite Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  Describe Your Personality:  laid back
    Posted by cgooding91[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm calling MUD.  Why does MUD always show up on Fridays?</div>
  • cgooding91cgooding91 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not MUD
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:b8cf1a64-12a9-4e75-bbfc-388761b13c1e">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Intro : I'm calling MUD.  Why does MUD always show up on Fridays?
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Why do people always call out new posters as MUD?</div><div>
    </div><div>It gets annoying.

</div>
    I'm not good at feelings.

edited December 2011
    It's my first day here and I'm annoyed by it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:219ff821-499b-42b6-846d-4a5200ee0f9c">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Why do people always call out new posters as MUD? It gets annoying.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

<div>Because she's a 20 year old "house wife" who's "pre-engaged".  If that's not MUD, I don't know what is.</div>
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What on earth would make you call MUD on this?  There's no drama involved (yet, anyway).

Hi, OP!  What do you do as a house-girlfriend?  Are you a good cook?  Many of us here love to cook, but sadly I barely have any time for it anymore.

Anniversary

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    tell us more about yourselves - if your SO is employed as a "nerd"...how is he making any money to save up for said ring?

and do you like cheese?  especially in the form of mac n cheese?

and do you have any good recipes to share with us?
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:15f75235-9336-47f6-9aeb-a23371a65d39">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Because she's a 20 year old "house wife" who's "pre-engaged".  If that's not MUD, I don't know what is.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>Do you have a problem with how she chooses to describe herself?</div>
    I'm not good at feelings.

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:15f75235-9336-47f6-9aeb-a23371a65d39">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : <strong>Because she's a 20 year old "house wife" who's "pre-engaged".</strong>  If that's not MUD, I don't know what is.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't understand how this is Made Up Drama (aka MUD).  Logic fail.</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't see any drama, just sounds like a young, eager couple.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:27b98282-c6d8-43af-b3a5-7a55e4127cfe">Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Age: 20 Significant Other's Age: 26 What You Do: House"wife" What SO Does: Nerd State of Relationship: Pre-engaged He's saving for the perfect ring How Long You've Been Together: 1year Fur Babies:  1 Dog Favorite Color: blue Favorite Thing About Your SO: He treats me like a princess and i love him more everyday there is no favorite thing because everything about him is my favorite so basically He is my favorite Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  Describe Your Personality:  laid back

<div>Hi OP.  How are you? </div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:8310cb3d-df89-46a6-aa1e-0c645e0f73a0">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Do you have a problem with how she chooses to describe herself?
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

<div>Not a problem...just thought MUD.  </div>
    edited December 2011
    Hi as house girlfriend I take care of are adorable German Shepard puppy and keep are little house in order (for some reason the sink is never empty) Yes I do cook I actually bake more than I cook I'm in love with baking I make cakes for family birthdays and such. Thank you for being nice to me and not clamming I'm MUD
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:f625c811-55b5-49b6-b365-e0e1bacb1b21">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]tell us more about yourselves - if your SO is employed as a "nerd"...how is he making any money to save up for said ring? and do you like cheese?  especially in the form of mac n cheese? and do you have any good recipes to share with us?
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]
    He Is actually an IT guy I just like saying he is a nerd for a living. I love cheese, mac-and-cheese is one of my favorites (i put ketchup in it) What kind of recipes are you looking for?
    edited December 2011
    Anything you've got!  I just need some new variety in my life :)  And I'm dating a nerd too, but he's an engineer nerd, so I like to clarify the nerdy jobs ;)

I'm kinda intrigued by mac n cheese with ketchup, honestly
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ketchup on mac and cheese?! interesting.....

I'm going to call MUD until you put a picture of your pup up. Only because I want to see more puppy pictures, I'm bored.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay a fellow baker! I love to bake too even though I always manage to burn my cookies just a little bit. What's your favorite thing to bake? I like making cupcakes myself : )
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    You people never put ketchup on mac and cheese?! Weirdos.

Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    Here she is
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:66fae23b-ec81-4fd0-b730-d80e730d644d">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay a fellow baker! I love to bake too even though I always manage to burn my cookies just a little bit. What's your favorite thing to bake? I like making cupcakes myself : )
    Posted by sapphirebaby926[/QUOTE]
    Cupcakes are my favorite too!! So easy and fun to make 
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You left the "least favorite thing" blank.  Surely, you have a least favorite thing about your guy?  Spill it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:1a91e3e5-e8dd-42cb-a43f-bb68c6ae6a9e">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anything you've got!  I just need some new variety in my life :)  And I'm dating a nerd too, but he's an engineer nerd, so I like to clarify the nerdy jobs ;) I'm kinda intrigued by mac n cheese with ketchup, honestly
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]
    Try it, its delicious I usually just take recipes off allrecipes.com but today your recipe is ketchup on mac and cheese
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:70307765-5aaf-4ad9-96c8-926812e8e51e">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]You people never put ketchup on mac and cheese?! Weirdos.
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Never thought it it, I like it au naturel.

OP- She looks so soft and cuddly <3
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:dafc5881-7ff0-4057-b02a-28af34462baf">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Try it, its delicious I usually just take recipes off allrecipes.com but today your recipe is ketchup on mac and cheese

Hehe... you're funny!

Where near DC do you live?  I lived downtown for 4 years, and in Arlington, VA for a few years after.  I miss it for sure, though I hear you're getting hammered with snow right now, so I don't miss it quite so much today.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:8c850b5f-1927-4b3c-afcd-40fdb2d9a800">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]You left the "least favorite thing" blank.  Surely, you have a least favorite thing about your guy?  Spill it.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    I guess it would be when he comes home from work upset about co-workers and Is pissy the rest of the night
  • edited December 2011
    I want to make these coming up - they sound like they are to die for

Campfire Cupcakes

1 box vanilla cake mix
    1 1/3 cup water
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    3 eggs
    2 cups milk chocolate chips
    3 cups mini marshmallows
    1/2 cup crushed graham cracker
    1 container milk chocolate icing
    Graham cracker squares for garnish

Directions:

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.) Whisk together cake mix, eggs, water and oil with a hand mixer on medium for two minutes. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well. Add crushed graham cracker and mix until incorporated. Fold in milk chocolate chips and 2 cups mini marshmallows.

3.) Fill foil cupcake liners 2/3 full, then bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing to wire racks for cooling.

4.) Once cakes are cooled completely, pipe chocolate icing on top of each cupcake using a pastry bag and large flower or star tip. Press a graham cracker square into the top for garnish.

5.) To toast the marshmallows, slide two mini marshmallows on to a toothpick. Toast using a hand/kitchen torch or a candle with a tall flame (my method). Lay carefully on plate and allow to cool. Once cooled, garnish each cupcake with two marshmallow sticks. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ad8d1dee-30d5-4586-967d-f3d4032afddaPost:87883d27-85a9-43aa-8d37-032fee7ed4b6">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Hehe... you're funny! Where near DC do you live?  I lived downtown for 4 years, and in Arlington, VA for a few years after.  I miss it for sure, though I hear you're getting hammered with snow right now, so I don't miss it quite so much today.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Charles County we do have a lot of snow and I hate snow we were just supposed to get a dusting this morning and its been falling pretty steady for a few hours.
    edited December 2011
    sapphire those look delicious the other night Lemon Raspberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting popped in my head so I will be looking for a recipe for that 
    edited December 2011
    This is a dumb question (I know) - but like...do you just put the ketchup on the mac n cheese and eat?  Or do you cook it with the mac n cheese already in it?  (I'm thinking homemade mac n cheese - I'm pretty sure cooking the blue box with ketchup would be a disaster)
  • msjenna519msjenna519 member
    edited September 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards