Ohio-Toledo

Barn/rustic reception venue

Hi everyone, 
I am new to theknot and this is my first post. First I want to say that I am very nervous after seeing many others post about people wanting a barn type reception but are having a hard time finding a place. I blame Pinterest for my obsession with wanting this barn wedding! :( But I cannot get it out of my head. So I am hoping that someone can help me. We live in Gibsonburg so Old Zims is close but my fiance is not thrilled about having it out there because most of my family is in Toledo. The lodge at Strawberry acres is an option but I have heard it can get quite tight in there when you get close to 200 people. Which is about where I need to be, if not more. Any help, even if it is to sqaush my dream, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Re: Barn/rustic reception venue

• I'm having mine at Sauk Valley Resort in the Irish Hills, MI area, which is around an hour away from Toledo. It's not a barn, but it has a very rustic charm and is shaped like one. I know there's a few around here, especially if you google around. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having the same issue, I am looking for Findlay-Lima area. Hell, at this point I would be willing to travel to Toledo even.
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • There's a place called Cobblestone Farms that sounds like what you're looking for, but it's in Ann Arbor.  I think you're (unfortunately) going to have to compromise on either the area or type of venue.
  • Millbury Fire Hall is perfect for a barn/rustic theme wedding.  You can bring your own alcohol and catering.  You have to use there bartenders.
  • Thank you all for the help! I actually found out on of my coworkers has a barn and is going to let me have the wedding and reception there. :). @Sarah Lynne, check out Strawberry Acres Lodge,  http://www.hollandohio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=91.
     It has a great rustic lodge type look. It is newly remodeled and I would have loved to have my reception there but it is pretty much all booked for 2012! So not sure when you were looking for, but it is worth a look.
    @Altoid_Storm, I really the look of Sauk Valley Resort! Your wedding will be beautiful! :) Best of Luck!
  • ww knight reserve in perrysburg has a wooden lodge
  • St. Josephs in sylvania has a rustic looking hall.. but I think you have to be a member of the church to rent it. My friend is having her reception there. Im looking for something similar but obviously different.
  • n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_barnrustic-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:62a854ee-5ac8-4845-81ae-78077a5ff9c6Post:8fe6ba09-3d5e-4c69-880c-ba71ff0809ac">Re: Barn/rustic reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a rustic, beautiful lodge in Tiffin... not sure what it's called but its very nice and large!
    Posted by LaurandNick[/QUOTE]

I believe your talking about Pioneer Mill, in Tiffin Ohio. It's a beautiful location and food is always amazing! I recently looked into, they seemed extrememly helpful. I haven't yet decided but I would suggest looking into it!
    Jenn
  • Thank you all for the help! I actually found out on of my coworkers has a barn and is going to let me have the wedding and reception there. :). @Sarah Lynne, check out Strawberry Acres Lodge,  http://www.hollandohio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=91.
     It has a great rustic lodge type look. It is newly remodeled and I would have loved to have my reception there but it is pretty much all booked for 2012! So not sure when you were looking for, but it is worth a look.
    @Altoid_Storm, I really the look of Sauk Valley Resort! Your wedding will be beautiful! :) Best of Luck!

Do you think they would be open to letting others rent out their barn? I am struggling (along with every other Toledo bride) to find a barn for my reception and I am not above knocking on random people's door soon. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
  • There is a barn in Monclova called Weckerly Barn.  It holds 220 guests.  You can contact April at YourPerfectDayLLC@gmail.com for more info.
  • White Star Quarry Park in Gibsonburg, OH. It only costs about 400 to book the outdoor area, the barn and the shed! My sister was married there, and it was beautiful!

• Oh, and by the way, she had 400 guests fit just fine.
  • Wood county fair grounds have a few good options that is where I am having mine! They have two good options, one has air a kitchen bathrooms and extra room but it looks more finished inside. The other is an actual barn, dirt floors no air but looks of big doors and windows to open, very rustic. You can use the bathrooms in a building just next to it. They don't typically rent it out for weddings but they will if you ask. Oh, and cheap too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards