Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

When to do bikini wax?

Hey! I'm wondering when the best time to do a bikini wax before the wedding would be. My wedding is on a Monday, and the salon that I'm wanting to get waxed at is open the Saturday before, but not the Sunday. Is two days before the wedding a good time? I've never gotten that area waxed before, so I'm a bit worried about pain/redness and wondering if I'll be getting prickly little hairs back by the wedding day. I'd rather avoid having to worry too much about that area the day of, and would like to just have to focus on getting my legs shaved properly.

Re: When to do bikini wax?

• I got a wax on Wednesday, and had a Saturday wedding.
    That was perfect for me.
  • I would need to do it the day before as my hair grows back FAST, but if you've had other areas waxed before, the timeline should be similar. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I think you'll be fine with doing the Saturday before. Just make sure they use and after lotion to get the red out and possibly if they have a cooling gel to put on. Also just a tip for anyone, Visine is good to use on area being waxed because it take the "red out"
  • I did it the Wednesday before my Saturday wedding. 

• Honestly I would do a trial run about 6 weeks before so you can see how your body reacts to it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Alright, I was considering doing a trial run for boudior pictures anyway, so that'll work perfectly.
  • Definitely do a trial run and god bless you because I am way to nervous to have that done even though I think it would be so much easier and one less thing for me to worry about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_when-to-do-bikini-wax?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:01cc14bd-8194-4bec-a2f1-38348f310559Post:a738985b-0c5a-4585-baad-9b1cc0ad92eb">Re: When to do bikini wax?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely do a trial run and god bless you because I am way to nervous to have that done even though I think it would be so much easier and one less thing for me to worry about.
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm nervous, verrrrrrry nervous. But trying to get that area trimmed and shaved properly is really more frustration that I need. We moved the wedding up six months, and I have enough to worry about.
  • I think two days before is not long enough.  Not sure what type of wax place you are planning to go to but I also recently started waxing that area.  I was so afraid to do it but found a really great person who made me feel extremely comfortable while having that area waxed.  Also she uses a hard wax which my sister tells me is the best type of wax she has ever tried and she has tried many.  If I were you I would try waxing a few times before the big day.  It will already help to thin out the hair and your skin won't be as irritated a second or third time as opposed to the first time.  Otherwise waxes last a while so if you go 3 or 4 days before your big day you'll be fine on the big day!!! good luck!!

January Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards