New York-Western
Options

Buffalo Engagement Photo ideas

We are getting ready to do our engagement photos, a friend of mine who is an excellent photographer is taking them for us to help save money.
I have some ideas of what to do, but I want a good mix of not just the posed pictures but fun/different pictures as well.

We are taking a few at home with our dogs before we leave, then were going to head to the arena area, since we are both huge Sabres fans. Then, we are going to Niagara Falls.

Does anyone have any pictures ideas (props, poses, locations)?  We are using the pictures for our Save the Dates, wedding website and Christmas gifts for our parents/grandparents....

Re: Buffalo Engagement Photo ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is your friend an actual photographer or somebody that likes to/is good at taking pictures?  If they do this regularly, they should be able to come up with stuff.  If not, check out some of the local or even not local photographer's websites.  They usually post sample pictures from engagement shoots that may give you some ideas.

Sorry I can't be much help, I didn't have engagement pictures done.
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you have sabres jerseys to wear?  my FI and I did a few in our jerseys, and i love it!  one of them is just a posed picture, and then one is of us walking down a path together

do a google image search for engagement photos -- lots of pose ideas and things will come from that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! my FI has a jersey, I only have shirts and a Thomas Vanek t-shirt that looks like a jersey but it has the slug on it :-P

My friend also told me about the website;
    http://www.engagementpictureideas.com/
    there are some tips on here for what to wear, ideas for themes and props...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing photos around Buffalo with us holding numbers, which will be the table number markers at our reception. Here's the list of "must have" pictures for us:

Frank Lloyd Wright House   
    Botanical Gardens
    Niagara Falls   
    Peace Bridge on the river
    Statue of David at Delaware Park   
    Erie Canal (not sure where yet)
    Albright-Knox   
    Buffalo Zoo
    The Ballpark   
    Fountain Plaza (in winter)
    HSBC Arena   
    City Hall
    Ralph Wilson   
    Naval Park   
    Shea's Theatre   
    UB lookout point at lake   
    Anchor Bar   
    Mighty Taco   
    Chippewa St. & Franklin   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @aimmek....we did that a few weeks ago for our upcoming wedding!  where did u get that idea from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards