Connecticut

Overwhelmed (vent)

Does anyone else or did anyone else feel overwhelmed with the planning? Or like this is so ridiculous to plan this much for one freaking day?

I can't stand it anymore. I still need to pick out invitations, get a flower girl dress, flowers, limos, shuttles, hotel, bm and gm gifts, hair, makeup, etc, etc, etc and I'm at the point where I just want to give up!

I finally got my veil this weekend and I don't even know if I like it. But I don't even care right now! It looked nice, so whatever. It was so overwhelming to try and pick it out and then also try to figure out do I want hair pieces, or a headband- but my dress is so sparkly, do I need it, what is jewelry gonna look like omggggg. I just wanna crawl in a hole and come out the day after it's all over. SHEESH! They should have "marital leave" available at work. This can become a full time job.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Overwhelmed (vent)

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww I'm not at that point yet but probably because we had such a long engagement.  I know the time will eventually come when I have to do a bunch of stuff that I couldn't have done in advance. 

I have noticed that I'm putting less and less time into each CHECK.  I was so laid back about bridesmaid dresses, my mom was like "what's going on with you?" In the very beginning, though, I would spend like 2 months per vendor haha. 

It's crazy to think that all this planning comes together for one day. 

Good luck with everything!!! It'll all fall into place.
  • edited December 2011

It's normal. I remember feeling like that right abouy the 90 day mark or so. I still have times when I wish we would have just eloped or had a destination wedding. It's a lot of stuff and a lot of money for 8 hours or less.  I will however say, that I am 12 days from the wedding and things have gotten a little calmer. I'm done doing stuff and have everything picked and now just cant' wait for the big day! It will get better I promise. You will get back your positive motiviation and you will have bridezilla freak out moments too, so don't kid yourself.
    I also have recently joked about wedding leave at well at work, but I think that if I didn't have work to escape wedding stuff I would be going even more nuts!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • denjen2011denjen2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister convinced me to buy  3 gift certificates to a "day spa" for my bride in advance.When she hits a wall I can de-stress her and she can enjoy the rest of the planning! Sealed
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I know what you mean!  I'm still over 4 months and I am ready worried about getting things done.  I keep bugging FI to get his friends' and families' addresses and to make sure to notify his groomsmen to remember to get their measurements (they have up to end of March, you know how guys are! lol).

I have so much figuring out to do as well and I am already ready to get it over with!

But we can do it! :)
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's normal to feel overwhelmed, just take it one day at a time and it will all fall into place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards