Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What was the very first thing that you booked for your wedding?

13»

Re: What was the very first thing that you booked for your wedding?

• Options
    We booked the ceremony and reception at the same time. I ooked for both at the same time. I jus thappened to find my perfect ceremony site first. The ceremnoy site gave me a 14-day hold on the date, so I shopped around for a reception site during that time and booked them both on the same day.
  • Options
    We technically booked three at the same time- ceremony/reception/caterer together since it's the same place for all of them.  We also have our cake lined up (friend of the family, who has been asking to make our cake for the 5 years we've been dating ha.)  We're working to determine our photog next!
  • Options
    We booked the park the reception hall and the photographer all in the same day.  Those to me were the most important things.  Everything else is just falling in place.   Meant to be that day I guess LOL.
    wedding countdown
  • Options

We booked the Venue. We made sure we had both the reception site and ceremony site locked in prior to booking anything else.

• Options
    Date and venue are the two biggies.

All vendors will ask you about those.

You might need the date to book the venue. Or pick your venue and settle on an open date they have....whichever is most important to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you are part of a church, synagogue, etc., then just make sure your date isn't already taken.  Either way, or is you are going to have your ceremony or reception at the same place, you must book that next.

Every other decision will be impacted by this (delivery charges and floral design/decor, any travel for your dj, band, etc.); don't get enamored with the other vendors if you don't have an idea of where you are going to get married.  Plus, if you are to marry on a busy weekend, you'll want to get this done otherwise, everything else is meaningless.
  • Options
    We booked our venue first. (ceremony and reception in one place) Then the next thing we booked was a planner then an officiant.
  • Options
    Ultimately, I think you should book whatever is most important to you first... If you're flexible on a venue the you could book your photog first but for me... I set up the venues first to make sure that I had a date and location locked in to tell the rest of the vendors.
  • Options
    I booked my photog. after i knew my venue was available..but yes its probably a better idea to get the venue first :) good luck
    . Love Conquers all .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards