Not Engaged Yet

I can't take the BSC!! HELP!

So, back story: About two months ago, BF took me to Robbins Bro's to pick out a ring after looking online for a month or so. It took two trips, but we picked one out, and now he's waiting for a promotion to afford the ring since he lost two of his three jobs this semester. At Robbins Bro's, the sales rep gave me a wedding magazine, which I haven't touched since we went. I found it when I was cleaning up his apartment on Friday, and after he left for work, I started flipping through it. I left it on the couch, NBD. 

Sunday, he came over to my apt after I had a 14 hr day and he was doing my laundry, cooking dinner, and just being awesome. Then he mentioned that he had gone through the magazine and found some stuff he really liked. I shouldn't have, but we talked wedding. Then he brought it up again last night and told me I could start cutting out pictures of things I wanted, etc. I know he can't afford the ring till he gets a promotion, which won't happen until early November, at the earliest. I know he's not going to ask until he has the ring. I know he won't make the final payment until January. I am going BSC as his little comments keep popping in my head. 

So, help me take my mind off of everything! Do you have any plans this week? Any new (easy) recipes I can try? 

Is anyone else as excited as I am about the expansion of the Big East to include UH (who will be announcing tonight at 7)?
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: I can't take the BSC!! HELP!

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Why would UH want to be added to the Big East when the Big East is going to disappear?

There are only a few football teams left - TCU, Pitt, and Syracuse just left.

I don't condone BSCness.  SO, let's talk football!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Well, the Big East did just invite Boise State, the #5 football team in the country right now, who btw, we have a two game series with lined up already. 

And I don't really care that it's a BCS AQ, I just care that we're finally getting out of CUSA, which is a really crappy conference. 

I don't know of any NFL news or big upsets that happened as I tend to just watch NFL between church stuff on Sundays. Anything good there I should know about?

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    haha, you are way too defensive :)  I like it!  I didn't know the news about Boise State, but if they accept, maybe some more people would too.  It just seems like the Big East is imploding.  Then again, getting out of conf-USA is awesome, so congrats to you all!

I don't really like to talk about NFL news because I'm a Colts fan, haha.  And we're in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.  And well, we're doing fairly well in that (0-6, ow)

Also, on the BSC note...you can't be as crazy as my sister.  I'm pretty sure she's planning her own engagement.  And if he doesn't propose, she may go bonkers on him.  She really needs to find The Knot.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Did you see the fight between Schwartz and Harbaugh?  That was kinda funny.  And the Saints lost, which makes me sad.  Otherwise, the NFL doesn't interest me much.

College football is definitely much more fun.  LSU is still on top!  I love this season!
    edited December 2011
    Sorry B&W!! I've spent the last 5 years fighting for the coogs when things got really really bad, so I can get a little defensive. :( I did agree about the Big East imploding until they announced all of the school's they're inviting. BF is huge on the insider info, so he keeps giving me tidbits on how if we say yes, the Boise State will say yes, which will lead Air Force/Navy/SMU/UCF to say yes as well. 

At least you're not a Dolphin's fan. One of my friends is a die hard and he's caught so much grief from our friends about horrible draft pics and the like. It's quite funny. 

Yaga, how did the Saint's coach break his leg?? 

And YAY LSU!! One of my students really wants to go there, so he's really excited and talks football all the time. 

• karlee4everkarlee4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg. My BF too!!! I caught him googling wedding venues in my hometown and wedding budget worksheets. Last night i said i had to go home earlier than usual to do laundry before bed and he was all " oh too bad bc i was going to propose tonight" whatthecrap! I was so good with having no bsc (lotsa thanks to these gals) and now i cant stop thinking wedding and marriage! I think he is thinking about proposing and testing the waters to see where i am at with it. Ready when he is :) Plusss my neighbor is prego so now im baby crazy too. Also not sure on how i feel about UH.... Do you like salads? I love this for lunch...spinach blue cheese walnuts blue berries and rasp vinegrette. For dinner super easy and delish.... Layer browned ground beef, french cut green beans, cream of chicken soup, top with layer of frozen tater tots and bake at 400 for like an hour.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    Isn't it so frustrating?? I was doing fine until yesterday! All of my prego friends have had their babies and my office shares a wall with a preschool, so I hear screaming children all day. Puts me back into a sane mind pretty quick. 

I made that casserole this weekend!! But I put the tater tots on bottom. I didn't eat it, (sold it for a fundraiser) but it looked really yummy! I'm going to make it again this week!

• edited December 2011
    Don't even let the BSC get to you.  You really need to enjoy being BF/GF while you still are.  What matters is that you have the man of your dreams, and you know he wants to commit his life to you.  He will propose in due time, it takes longer for guys to do certain things. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cant-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c1b6f871-c8d2-4af2-bf85-96ec643d7eb2Post:f6acd65c-f61c-4fa4-9e34-ddf82cf4b006">I can't take the BSC!! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any plans this week? Any new (easy) recipes I can try?  Is anyone else as excited as I am about the expansion of the Big East to include UH (who will be announcing tonight at 7)?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I just got a new cookbook at a rummage sale this weekend called "Desperation Dinners" by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross - it's over 350 pages of recipes that take 20 minutes or less! There are a ton of awesome ones, and they're all easy. I highly reccomend it. You can get it on Amazon.

Tonight for dinner, I am going simple. Take tortellini (or ravioli or pretty much any fun pasta) and about a pound of bulk sausage. Cook the tortellini as directed, then brown the sausage in a skillet. Drain tortellini once cooked, add the sausage and your favorite sauce =)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
    edited December 2011
    Ooooooh that sounds so yummy!! That is on the new to cook list! I enjoy cooking, but I don't like excessive recipes and I have a small kitchen with very basic equipment, so that's perfect!

• edited December 2011
    I don't want to brag or anything, but I used to have a cooking blog (I haven't updated it in quite some time because of my new job). It was geared towards people like you - people who are either new to cooking, or who don't like complicated recipes and prefer to keep it simple: www.bellabonviveur.blogspot.com

I too have a small, basic kitchen, and I only used what I had available. Give it a look-see if you'd like! =)

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • karlee4everkarlee4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cant-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c1b6f871-c8d2-4af2-bf85-96ec643d7eb2Post:d6945530-a7d1-453e-ad58-ea43e3766e9e">Re: I can't take the BSC!! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't even let the BSC get to you.  You really need to enjoy being BF/GF while you still are.  What matters is that you have the man of your dreams, and you know he wants to commit his life to you.  He will propose in due time, it takes longer for guys to do certain things. 
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

BSC=bad! Football=good!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • danimarie88danimarie88 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cant-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c1b6f871-c8d2-4af2-bf85-96ec643d7eb2Post:fef90c01-156a-4d81-bb2e-0c3bdbf365cf">Re: I can't take the BSC!! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to brag or anything, but I used to have a cooking blog (I haven't updated it in quite some time because of my new job). It was geared towards people like you - people who are either new to cooking, or who don't like complicated recipes and prefer to keep it simple: <a href="http://www.bellabonviveur.blogspot.com" rel='nofollow'>www.bellabonviveur.blogspot.com</a> I too have a small, basic kitchen, and I only used what I had available. Give it a look-see if you'd like! =)
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this!
    Halloween
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cant-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c1b6f871-c8d2-4af2-bf85-96ec643d7eb2Post:f6acd65c-f61c-4fa4-9e34-ddf82cf4b006">I can't take the BSC!! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have any plans this week? Any new (easy) recipes I can try?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Today is our two year anniversary, but we're in that post-vacation financial funk and are therefore going to be celebrating our anniversary on the first mutual day off that we've had in months: 7 November. We really have absolutely no plans this week. On Thursday, I'm going to the chiropractor and on Friday, the acupuncturist, but those are normal things I do every week.

My mom brought a chicken enchilada casserole to me at work today. She mixed chicken, salsa, corn and beans and layered them with corn tortillas and cheese. She also put in sour cream, but I hate sour cream, so it was scooped out and given to the dogs, heh. Super simple though!

I also like throwing any sauce into a crockpot with chicken then making a good pot of rice in my rice cooker. Mix the chicken with some microwaved veggies and throw in on rice... voilà!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cant-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c1b6f871-c8d2-4af2-bf85-96ec643d7eb2Post:a76f8170-fa6e-451b-bdb8-2f74c456a1b7">Re: I can't take the BSC!! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't take the BSC!! HELP! : Thanks for posting this!
    Posted by danimarie88[/QUOTE]

No problem! I might start posting again now that I'm adjusting to my new job. You'll all be the first to know when I do =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards