Canada-Ontario

cake under $500

It seems as though my cake hunting is turning out to be more difficult than I anticipated.
I am looking for a cake for 100 ppl, 3 tier, under $500 to be delivered to Mississuga.
The ones at the bridal show were close to $800, $8 for a slice of cake is insane

Can anyone make recommendations?

thank-you,
Melanie

Re: cake under $500

• edited December 2011
    the wedding cake shoppe in toronto.

the nice thing about cakes is they're HST free.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine fed 100, was 3 tier, and $300.  I used "The Cakes and Sweet Designer" - Daniela Mier.
  • edited December 2011
    the wedding cake shoppe did my engagement cupcakes and I went back to get a quote on the wedding cake. BC I had previously ordered a cake from them they gave me 10% off, but their price was still $800 so of course I didn't order from them

Littlin, I'll certainly check that place out, ty.
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Dolcezza Cakes - www.dolcezzacakes.com or call Kristina, she's the owner at (905) 872-5442.  Awesome cakes - they look good and taste good.  She did my sister's wedding - Red Velvet Cake!!!!  It was soooo good!  I'm booking her for my wedding as well!
  • edited December 2011
    great, ty. I will also check her out.
  • edited December 2011
    I am currently leaning towards "Ache for Cake" for my wedding next year. I've heard good things, and have been e-mailing back and forth and she seems nice and professional, and is very quick to respond to e-mails.

She's based out of Toronto, and her delivery to Mississauga starts at $30

She seems very accomodating and talented and very reasonably priced!

http://www.acheforcake.com/#!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My baker was Robyn Ward. She is based in Mississauga. She did a 3 tier cake for us that fed 150 people for $275

Robin Ward - r_e_ward@live.com

• SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "Ache for Cake" and Natalie is AWESOME!  My MOH and I went for a tasing and loved the taste of her vanilla cake.  Her prices are very reasonable and she is very friendly professional and talented.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_cake-under-500?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:20bce5b3-7eda-43b4-baf5-97496866ab0bPost:9ec10814-cd26-4d1a-99fa-6a0dca18b81f">Re: cake under $500</a>:
    [QUOTE]the wedding cake shoppe did my engagement cupcakes and I went back to get a quote on the wedding cake. BC I had previously ordered a cake from them they gave me 10% off, but their price was still $800 so of course I didn't order from them Littlin, I'll certainly check that place out, ty.
    Posted by khkhskhkahjkwaehrkw[/QUOTE]

huh, I ordered a 3 tier cake from them for 125 people and it wasn't nearly that expensive.  otherwise I obviously wouldn't have suggested it. 

Maybe it's just that the design we wanted was simpler than what you're looking for.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • edited December 2011

Dixie1337: I don't know, but I remember when I went in there with a photo of a cake with snowflakes she quoted me about $800. I told her not to worry writing it down for me as paying that much wasn't an option. I purchased 60 cupcakes for $200 from her shop back in April and liked them, but my budget for a cake was $500.
    I have yet to call everyone's suggestions. I am sure something will work out Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards