Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Catholic-- Pre Cana

Hey, all. Has anyone done any research on precana-- something near Manayunk/Center City Philly/Fairmount/Conshy would work best.

I travel for work a lot and my fiance works/goes to school, so it's going to be really hard for us to plan.

Thanks in advance for suggestions! you'll save me from calling around.

Re: Catholic-- Pre Cana

• Try looking at the Archdiocese's website.  Your priest should also be able to give you options.
  • Archdiocese website is the easiest -- you can register on-line. It lists local parish options. I just completed the eight hour PreCana marathon right there at the archdiocese this past Saturday. It was loooong-- but it's over! Good Luck!
  • We did ours at St Katharine in Wayne. I know its a little outside of the area you mentioned but hope it helps!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • there's 2 options

regular precana (either over a period of time, or weekend retreat) which seems to be offered 2x a year (in the spring and in the fall), this obviously depends on the parish.

online precana (which is 10 courses) - we opted for this because of our schedules, but it's was much longer than expected.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks, girls. I appreciate this. Our priest, who i loved, and I met to discuss wedding plans. Naturally, he was transferred when a few parishes combined this year... Don't really know new priest yet, so thanks for info! 
  • We did the weekend retreat in South Jersey.  Totally recommend it.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I live in Manayunk but because we weren't getting married there we were unable to do Pre Cana at St. John's. We ended up using the Pre-Cana at the church in Bucks County where we got married, Our Lady of Grace.
  • sounds like next round for many local churches is in april from calls I made.
  • We did ours last year at St. Andrews in newtown, bucks county. It was a one day 8hour approx class. I think they run theirs in march an October. Highly recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards