Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

MSP BIO!

So I basically copied over the stuff from the old Minneapolis Bio to a new weebly site (it's the only webpage site I know how to use.)

Check it out!  Please please please let me know of things to add....

make sure you let me know if you should be added to the date list!

Re: MSP BIO!

• edited December 2011
    Could you please make it a hyperlink? I don't know how else to get to the website. I am sure I am not listed on the date list either, I believe my final date is 8.6.11.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't able to access it.. :(
  • edited December 2011
    It looks great! A few of the vendor listing categories are empty, though. Maybe we could start a few threads like "Everyone list your florist"  to get some of those filled out? Actually the florist one is pretty full, but the hair/makeup one or alterations. 
  • edited December 2011
    It should be clickable now :)

and yes. I really really want to update the vendors and date list!

ETA: I think each day for the next week or so I'll ask for all the vendor reviews that people have :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_msp-bio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ea12e759-ecdc-4e7e-a013-7719f4abdf1bPost:de405f74-b259-4400-bacc-6499c569f00c">Re: MSP BIO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you please make it a hyperlink? I don't know how else to get to the website.
    Posted by EmilyCMN[/QUOTE]

<div><a href="http://mspbio.weebly.com/" rel="nofollow">http://mspbio.weebly.com/</a></div><div>
    </div><div>For other links in the future, you can always just copy the link into the address bar in your browser. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_msp-bio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:ea12e759-ecdc-4e7e-a013-7719f4abdf1bPost:b0d9ee96-e527-4f07-a220-b909094bd07a">Re: MSP BIO!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It should be clickable now :) 
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>haha oops you beat me to it! </div>
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I agree it looks great! I think it would be good to update the vendor lists with names of more recent knotties who have used that vendor...I was just looking through it and many names I dont even recognize and I have been on here since last summer. So I think having people put together lists next week sounds like a fabulous idea! Also I like how the date list has people's names that are clicky! But what do the different colors mean?
  • bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So cool!!!! Love it!
  • edited December 2011
    drdifabio- I'm not sure? I think it's whether or not you've clicked on the link.  I'll look into it.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that the vendors should be updated. About FIVE of my vendors aren't on there and I've been on the boards for almost 2 years now.... :(
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    I know :(  It's pretty outdated.  Help me once you've done your vendor reviews? :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not able to access it, I'm getting an error when I try and open it......BUT I second (or third, or fourth, or fifth :-) ) updating vendors! Most of the currently popular vendors aren't even on there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MrsTwinCities had been trying to pick up some of the slack, but it will be soooo nice to have the MSP Bio back and running.
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My date is 04.02.11 and I have a vendor list in my bio :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think I"m caught up on everyone so far :)

lboener- Let me know once you get some reviews going so I can add them to the list!  I added you to the date list, though.
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - this is great to have!  I've got all my vendors listed in my bio if you want to snag them.

Also, for officiants, I would maybe organize it differently ... because our officiant does religious ceremonies (he's a retired minister), but he also does non-religious (like ours). Maybe there's a way to color-code them, like blue for just religious, green for just non-religious, and purple for both, or something. I don't know, just thinking.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Debbie- I was thinking the same thing. I just copied and pasted from the old bio, including their organization.

I think, though, as is it's more about whether or not they are a religious officiant.  I know some pastors, etc. will do non-religious ceremonies and vice versa, though.
  • edited December 2011
    The site looks great Steph!!  :)

I'm glad to see this will be updated, reviews were so essential in my planning process.
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got some of my vendor reviews done tonight. Most of them are pending final reviews after the wedding though. I hope that it helps some people :)
  • kkaew816kkaew816 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph....congrats on being the new Mod!!!! The Bio looks great! I just updated my bio with vendor reviews
    http://khwedding.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'll keep working to update the bio :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ok now I can see it and I love it! Looks great, Steph!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards