Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions/irritations/something?

Re: Confessions/irritations/something?

• Options
    I'm sorry Holly! *hugs*

I've had it up to here with this 10 year old woman trapped in a 30 something year old woman I work with. AH!
  • Options
    My confession is that even though we want to start TTC directly after the wedding, I have this overwhelming fear that I won't bond with or love the child when it comes out.
    I know I am ready and want to have children so so badly, but I'm terrified that it will just...not like me.
  • Options
    Holly, I haven't seen a psychiatrist in years.  I see a counselor and a PCP, and go from there.  And I've had pretty good luck with that.  The only reason H is seeing a psychiatrist is because the PCP he went to said that he "didn't believe" H had depression after speaking to him for 15 minutes, but after five months, the counselor (and H) both feel like something really is wrong and wanted a second opinion.  You don't need to go to a psychiatrist immediately.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Fingers are crossed every which way, Rach!
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Fingers crossed Rachers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome, Rach!  Good luck!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options

Crossing fingers and toes for Rachers!

• Options
    Poor Rach.  Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:18c9d069-f16c-4ef5-9458-2dd4079fe0d2">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here you go MP, Disney Mean Girls <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQeTlxhhmEo&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQeTlxhhmEo&feature=youtu.be</a>
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

HA!  It totally works.  Between all of this and going to Disney last week, I really want to watch some of the old cartoons.  I haven't seen "Sleeping Beauty" in forever!
  • Options

My fingers are crossed for you, too, Rach! :)

Holly, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time, and for those who have yet to experience it, depression is a hard concept to grasp. P. I'm glad you're looking into getting some help- it will get better from here, and you're strong for recognizing the symptoms and doing something so positive for yourself.

• Options
    I confess I am severely contemplating eating like 20 girl scout cookies that i received today. I had one thin mint and all I want to do is eat the whole box.
    My justification is that I've had a reallllly hard few days.  My argument is that I've been working really hard with my weight loss, I don't want to wreck it now, especially on a week I'm shooting to be past a major benchmark. Blegh.
  • Options
    Haha, thanks Jcbs! It was still a super embarrassing mistake. Embarassed
  • Options
    Btw, you don't have to tell the receptionist why you need the appointment.  "Follow up" or "wish to discuss with MD" is sufficient information for booking.
  • Options
    Confession: I'm going to have to pay for birth control for the first time EVER in a few months.  First world problem right there.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:c950a43a-a95e-4f6c-b038-835173d7208e">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations/something? : Well, they were complete strangers who have no idea who you are, right?  :-) I got flipped off last week by the dude in front of me who wasn't moving and there was no one at the second speaker.  He was just sitting there.  <strong>I tooted my horn ONCE</strong>and he looked around confused before pulling up.  Then stuck his hand out the window and gave me the bird.  Klassy asswhohle was he.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I don't get people who get upset by this, especially if they aren't paying attention. If the light turns green or whatever and someone has to honk at me because I spaced out, I'm embarrassed. I know I was wrong and feel bad that they had to honk at me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:6cca1bfb-d433-4498-8758-3bd151e87e69">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I am severely contemplating eating like 20 girl scout cookies that i received today. I had one thin mint and all I want to do is eat the whole box.<strong> My justification is that I've had a reallllly hard few days.  My argument is that I've been working really hard with my weight loss, I don't want to wreck it now, especially on a week I'm shooting to be past a major benchmark. Blegh.</strong>
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>DON'T DO IT.</div><div>
    </div><div>I gave up pop, drinking, and lethargy for lent.  When I found out H's deployment was extended again, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch all day and start drinking wine at like 11am when I heard.  But I didn't, I forced myself to work out and didn't drink at all.  And I felt a million times better about myself after than had I done what I really wanted to do.  It's totally not worth the guilt and remorse you'll feel.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Crazy new brides are irritating me right now. Oh well at least they provide entertainment on a long Tuesday
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    True, true most likely. I did know some people that worked there but I can't remember if they were there or not.

I feel the same way Petal. Light honks are just kind of letting you know politely that something is up. No need to get upset.
  • Options
    How do you give up lethargy for Lent?  ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:f8a0b626-2369-48bb-a30b-746d4f92f25a">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you give up lethargy for Lent?  ;)
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>I have to do some form of physical activity at least 30 minutes a day.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This popped up on the side of myfitnesspal when I was just in there:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/516108-when-to-send-relationship-request-on-fb

Kinda raised my eyebrows at that one...
  • Options
    I thought of another.

I am irrationally irritated that my FILs are coming to visit next Wednesday in the middle of my Spring Break. I hold that time sacred and I don't like anyone to impose on it. I like having the week off to do whatever I need or want to do and not be concerned about entertaining anyone or getting out of my pj's unless I want to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:39e8f8b9-bac3-486b-971e-4f056631404f">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations/something? : DON'T DO IT. I gave up pop, drinking, and lethargy for lent.  When I found out H's deployment was extended again, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch all day and start drinking wine at like 11am when I heard.  But I didn't, I forced myself to work out and didn't drink at all.  And I felt a million times better about myself after than had I done what I really wanted to do.  It's totally not worth the guilt and remorse you'll feel.

Thank you. I also rememberd the very cute (and tight) dress I bought for my bridal shower next weekend that I want to look good in as well. I let myself have two thin mints and I wont have anymore. I'm tempted to hide them in the bottom of the chest freezer in the garage so I'll only go get one when I rreally want one lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:aa3c656e-2add-482c-8f9f-6ed2d71ec08a">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought of another. I am irrationally irritated that my FILs are coming to visit next Wednesday in the middle of my Spring Break. I hold that time sacred and I don't like anyone to impose on it. I like having the week off to do whatever I need or want to do and not be concerned about entertaining anyone or getting out of my pj's unless I want to.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Oh I'd be so irritated too! I'm sorry!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:39e8f8b9-bac3-486b-971e-4f056631404f">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations/something? : DON'T DO IT. I gave up pop, drinking, and lethargy for lent.  When I found out H's deployment was extended again, all I wanted to do was lay on the couch all day and start drinking wine at like 11am when I heard.  But I didn't, I forced myself to work out and didn't drink at all.  And I felt a million times better about myself after than had I done what I really wanted to do. <strong> It's totally not worth the guilt and remorse you'll feel.
    </strong>Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I KNOW this, but I have a really hard time with it.  I have no willpower.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:9be80180-6a92-4ff5-857c-3da76d9731d7">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations/something? : I KNOW this, but I have a really hard time with it.  I have no willpower.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Me either normally.  I am much better at telling other people to practice willpower than I am doing it.  Right now I'm doing pretty good since I just started eating better and working out again.  I'm always really good when I first start out, but then after a few months eating the entire bag of chips (or candy, or bowl of ice cream, etc) starts to win out.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritationssomething?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ac7f955-0aff-4833-896a-4d5e5b0bd94bPost:03f5f948-2938-4849-8d30-816fb9f3301f">Re: Confessions/irritations/something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations/something? : Me either normally.  I am much better at telling other people to practice willpower than I am doing it.  Right now I'm doing pretty good since I just started eating better and working out again.  I'm always really good when I first start out, but then after a few months eating the entire bag of chips (or candy, or bowl of ice cream, etc) starts to win out.

I'll usually go a week being really good, then I'll get in a funk for a few days, and then get back on the wagon.  It kind of depresses me that I can't seem to just do what I know I need to do and lose weight.  I've been stuck at the same weight for months now.

• Options
    I don't have a confession or an irritation really. Well I mean I am irritated that I have to stop working to wait for a little piece of information from a client, but yeah thats no biggy.

I do not believe TK is block anymore which is wonderful. I haven't been on here during the day for over a week. Sup wenches.
  • Options
    I confess that I get irrationally irritated whenever I hear people on here say "so-and-so's a real peach/gem". I have no idea why, it just seems like its the thing to say around here, and it's getting old. When I first heard/saw it on here, it was cool, hadn't really heard that phrasing before. But EVERYONE uses it it seems, and I just don't get it. Wow, I think that was a confession, irrational irritation AND an I don't get it. Go me. Also, hi! Not a reg over here, thought I'd join in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards