Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability : Thursday

Morning Ladies!

A follow up from yesterday-FMK, I hope your foot feels better soon!

Well, FI and I completed day six of p90x yesterday, and by the end I wanted to beat my head against a wall.  It was legs and back, with the ab ripper x.  I don't mind the ab one, but the legs and back were killing me by the end.  Thankfully, though, it helped stretch out my calves which had been killing me from the plyo day.

Today is kempo, which is basically a cardio kickboxing sort of day.  I'm looking forward to this one, though I had also been looking forward to legs and back day, too, which proved to be a mistake.

Eating was also MUCH better from all of the crap this weekend, though I refuse to get on the scale until at least the weekend.

How is everyone else doing?  And, just for fun, what's everyone planning on having for lunch today?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability : Thursday

• souptinsouptin member
    First Comment
    good morning!

p90x scares the crap out of me, good for you for sticking to it!
    yesterday was my rest day-and boy did I take advantage of it! I am a stress eater and sleeper....I have a high stress job and have been working hard at keeping the food aspect in check but I cant shake how tired I feel....I fell asleep at 8pm last night...woke up at 10PM went to bed and was asleep again by 11...got up at 5:30 this morning for work feeling like I could have slept another couple of hours. crazy right?

tonight is body pump night...the last time I did this class I hurt all over for 5 days! hopefully this time it wont be so hard on me.

Lunch today is (as usual) left overs from dinner, today,  steak and asparagus
    I also always bring, 1 big pack of fresh veggies, 1 med pack of fresh fruit, 1 banana, 1 greek yoghurt an oskari bar and as a special treat a GF fruit muffin I made.
    I pack BIG lunches but I eat it throughout the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I woke up at 2:30am and my big toe on my right foot was throbbing in pain. I have no idea what is wrong with it! It still hurts really bad this morning. So I skipped spin this morning as I didn't think I should be working out. I have my brother's wedding this weekend and I am supposed to be a bridesmaid. I can barely walk so I am getting pretty worried. I think I will have to go to urgent care after work :(

Today my brother was supposed to meet me for lunch so I'm not sure what I am having yet. Most likely a spinach salad with a vinegrette dressing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wound up taking a long walk last night with my FI for exercise but today I am DEFINITELY going to the gym for even an hour after work.  I laid all my clothes out on the bed and got my gym bag ready so that I have NO excuses today.  I'm feeling ambitious and would *like* to try spinning for the first time...but they always wind up intimidating me.  Here's hoping no one's there at 3:00!

I also started using My Fitness Pal again.  I'm going to be eating and running tonight so I'm thinking dinner will be a grilled chicken (made crispy with panko for the FI) and veggies kinda night.  Lunch today is fresh corn and the remainder of my homemade burger from last night. 

Here's a question - do you think it's rude to bring your own food to a cookout?  I'm going to a cookout on Saturday night and since I'm GF right now I think I should bring something I can eat...and my FI thinks there's no problem with that.  I just feel really rude, you know?  I am thinking I'll make a huge fruit salad to bring and share with everyone so I'll at least be able to have that. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ran 7 miles before work :D. I love a good predawn run in the summer heat is the mind killer.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:9bc2e0ba-d79e-493e-8449-2911a706bb4bPost:28b5a82b-62b5-4906-901c-edaffdfbc5e4">Re: Workout Accountability : Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wound up taking a long walk last night with my FI for exercise but today I am DEFINITELY going to the gym for even an hour after work.  I laid all my clothes out on the bed and got my gym bag ready so that I have NO excuses today.  I'm feeling ambitious and would *like* to try spinning for the first time...but they always wind up intimidating me.  Here's hoping no one's there at 3:00! I also started using My Fitness Pal again.  I'm going to be eating and running tonight so I'm thinking dinner will be a grilled chicken (made crispy with panko for the FI) and veggies kinda night.  Lunch today is fresh corn and the remainder of my homemade burger from last night.  Here's a question - do you think it's rude to bring your own food to a cookout?  I'm going to a cookout on Saturday night and since I'm GF right now I think I should bring something I can eat...and my FI thinks there's no problem with that.  I just feel really rude, you know?  I am thinking I'll make a huge fruit salad to bring and share with everyone so I'll at least be able to have that. 
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

Why are you doing GF? I think if you're bringing your own food for medical reasons its fine. I've been GF for 8 years now due to celiac and luckily most places I dont need to bring my own food my close friends know and always have food to accomodate my issue. However after 8 years I no longer have issues asking about food ahead of time or bringing my own. I came into a wedding recception 2 months back with a bag of chipotle. Its a good thing too because I swam 1.5 miles and did a spin class that morning so my sugar still hadnt adjusted from lunch, none of the food was gluten free either they served pizza, bread, pasta, fried appetizers, and salad with croutons! The wedding was a friend of my fiance's and when they stopped by they felt 100% horrible that they hadnt asked him what I could eat, and were not offended by us bringing a bag of food. Most of the people at our table knew my issue, the ones that didnt asked if I was too good to the food, Fiance said no she has celiac she cant eat wheat itll make her extremely ill. That actually brought ona conversation about their nephew who had it too, and understanding that this was for medical reasons not because I dont like food. One piece of advice typically if I'm going to an event I try to find the food out before going so I can bring something similair and drop it on a plate. This brings about a lot less questions and stares. Fiance forgot to ask so just told me to get what ever was in the area I could eat.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Reading about everyone's lunch is making me hungry!

I hope your toe feels better mari!

erbear- I don't think it's rude, especially if you're bringing a side dish for everyone which you can also eat (which will make things a bit less awkward.)  Are you close with the host of the cookout?  If so, maybe you could call ahead to ask if it would be okay for you to store a small gf meal in their fridge?  This would give him/her the heads up and probably make you both more comfortable (and provide an explanation so the host doesn't simply think you didn't want his/her food.)
    Anniversary
  • Good morning!

Yesterday turned into a bit of a disaster. Got out of work late and we went to play disk golf at the park (love that the days are long enough now to do this!), by the end of the course I was absolutely STARVING so we went out to eat for dinner (at around 8:30pm)...I ended up eating too quickly and stuffing my face so I was in pain by how full I was by the end of it!

I have to get better about bringing granola bars with me or eating something before going to work out after work...

• Morning! We were out a little too late with some oot friends that are visiting last night, and my run alarm got turned off. I hope to go tonight. Run For Your Lives is in two days, eek!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I think the knot is eating posts again, argh.  Hi everyone! 

Yesterday was a good day.  Stayed under my calories (even with an unnecessary bowl of cheerios at 11pm), and went to a weights class at the gym.  Was going to stay for step class, but wasn't feeling it, so walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes instead and figured that was a decent compromise.   Tonight we're meeting with a JP after work, so no gym.  Will do a long walk at lunch, and hopefully after dinner as well.

Lunch today is boring...peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat.  Also have cherries and a plain greek yogurt for snacks. 
  • Good morning!  I got a lot of errands done after work yesterday, but that did not include exercise.  Eating was ok.  We got our engagement photos back.  I was not happy with how I looked in most of them.  So I'm bummed because I think I now need to lose more than I was anticipating.  I plan to do weights and cardio today. 
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Dewingedpixie - I'm already lactose intolerant and I still have frequent, reoccuring stomach issues that have really only gotten worse.  A doctor suggested to me that I try going GF for a week or so to see if I'm intolerant/sensitive.  Based on looking up symptoms, I'd say I have a sensitivity, but not Celiac's.  And so far, like I said, my stomach's been OK, knock on wood.  It's only been 2.5 days though. 

FI sees the host of the BBQ frequently.  I'm going to ask him if he's having any plain meat (burger, chicken, etc) and I should be OK.  The host is kind of a health nut so I'll likely be OK, I just don't want to sit there and look silly. 
  • ERbear I'm going to send you  a pm ok :)
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Woke up this morning and FI decided he wanted to go to the gym -he never wants to go to the gym.  I tagged along and did a quick 35 minute weight workout. 

Lunch for today will likely be a salad from the cafe in the building.  They have a relatively decent salad bar. 

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FMK2012FMK2012 member
    First Comment
    Morning!

Lobsters: Thank you! It's healing nicely though it's going to leave a not-so-attractive scar. :-/ luckily it's not a huge scar. Looks like you guys are doing great with the p90x! The kempo is soooo fun!!!!!

Was able to put on running shoes today since I've only worn sandals with the bandages. Will go for a walk later this evening after work. I'll probably only keep it to 30-minutes just to make sure I don't overdo it.

Cool breakfast this morning: I changed up my oatmeal from making it sweet with fruit to adding a tsp. of olive oil and a pinch of salt. There is something about the fruitiness of the extra virgin olive oil that makes it floral in scent and slightly buttery in texture. It was soooo good! I ate that with scrambled egg whites and some spinach. A nice change to breakfast and a great way to lower my sugar intake.

Lunch today is leftover roast chicken with shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, spinach, and arugula in a whole grain pita dressed with leftover tarragon and white wine sauce from last night's dinner.

Dinner tonight will probably consist of a variety of snacks (dried fruit, nuts, crackers, cheese) as I have class tonight (I just have one final class to finish up my degree) and I am trying soooo hard not to overeat during class. Class sessions are one day a week for 6 hours and it's so easy to just snack, and snack, and snack. Man I can't wait to start swimming/running again!!!!

Have a great day ladies!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Last night I went for a "quick" mani-pedi that lasted 3 hours so my evening was shot. Despite not eating dinner until after 9:00 PM, I did okay.  This morning I rocked 30DS and it's such a nice day that I think I'm going to leave work for a quick walk this afternoon.

Tomorrow I leave town for a destination bachelorette party (I'm hosting it for a friend) but I'll try to make good choices.

Have a great weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh. TK is being so wonky today! I hate it when it's eating posts. I love reading everything :(

I'm excited today because my new Omron Fat Loss Monitor came in the mail! Now I can start watching my BF % go down. I know when I started I was at about 41% BF and now I'm at 37%. So that makes me happy. I feel like I should have lost more, but I am happy to see it go down at all. I also am happy to know that with no body fat I would weigh 115, so it makes me feel better about my current goal of 150 (which will be adjusted as I get closer to it, I know that I am bound to lose muscle as well as fat in the next many months, but hopefully not too much) but I'm glad that some goal of weighing 110lbs wouldn't be really possible for me like some other ladies that are my height (5'2").

Today I'm going to go for a run, and keep my eating good like it has been all week. I am really pleased with my eating so far this week, I really have been making good choices and it hasn't felt hard at all. Thank the Lord!

I'm going to eat garlic & herb crusted cod for lunch with corn on the cob and a salad!

Wish I could read what all you other ladies are writing about today!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Seriously!  The thread says 20 posts and I see 4. 

Just back from the pool and swam 1.25 miles!  Keeping myself looking on the brightside that I can even be in the pool...But thruth be told, I was totally frustrated in putting on a cute summer skirt, that pre-surgery hung cutely at my hips and it was TIGHT!  Like holy cow, my ass and things are larger - tight!  But talk about motivation!  It's just one of those things - my calf myself on my right leg (the side that had foot surgery) has totally atrophied and shrunk, but my rear-end and thinghs got larger!  Just what a girl hopes for!  :)

Hopefully in getting back to the pool and eventually walking the dog and taking light runs my body will remember what it used to look like pre-injury. 

Food-wise all is going well.  I've only been on my fitness pal for 3 days now, tracking what I eat.   Going to HH with some friends today - so trying to be especially conscience of not over doing it. 

Hope everyone is having a healthy day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can't see anything I even posted earlier today.  Thanks, TK!

Anyways, I just did 9 miles in 25 minutes on a spinning bike at the gym.  Burned 350 calories.  Lifted some weights, too.  Feeling pretty good right now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards