Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Who did a first look...

....and how did it go?

I'm getting so anixous for my big day and looking at pics of FL's on other Knottie's pages make my heart skip a beat.

Was it surreal, amazing? disappointing?

Re: Who did a first look...

• We did it and it was the best moment of the day!  The rest of the day was so busy and crazy with so many people to talk to, etc, etc.  The first look was quiet, before the craziness began and such a wonderful private moment for just the 2 of us.  And the photos of DH when he first saw me makes me melt every time i see it.  :)
  • I think I want to do a first look, but my FI doen't want to. I think the only reason he doesnt want to is that it breaks the tradition of a religious ceremony... Is there any reason not to do a first look other than that? What do you ladies suggest? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_did-first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:7c7991ef-06d0-4209-a9b4-fcc30fafce36Post:4cf90e92-b8ff-43b6-80c5-60c62b9ce3e7">Re: Who did a first look...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did it and it was the best moment of the day!  The rest of the day was so busy and crazy with so many people to talk to, etc, etc.  The first look was quiet, before the craziness began and such a wonderful private moment for just the 2 of us.  <strong>And the photos of DH when he first saw me makes me melt every time i see it.  </strong>:)
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]

I get teary-eyed when I see these kind of pics from <em>other </em>brides weddings.

At first I was against it, but since our ceremony and reception are at the same venue....it logistically just made the most sense.  All of my vendors suggested it, so I finally caved and FI followed.

The way think of it....walking down the aisle is still going to be AMAZING even if you see each other before because you know once you walk back down the aisle you'll be married!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_did-first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:7c7991ef-06d0-4209-a9b4-fcc30fafce36Post:1ce43167-4f01-471d-985f-605c36b3b8a6">Re: Who did a first look...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who did a first look... : I get teary-eyed when I see these kind of pics from other brides weddings. At first I was against it, but since our ceremony and reception are at the same venue....it logistically just made the most sense.  All of my vendors suggested it, so I finally caved and FI followed. The way think of it....walking down the aisle is still going to be AMAZING even if you see each other before because you know once you walk back down the aisle you'll be married!!!
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

even if you do a FL walking down the aisle will be amazing,we did one and when i walked down the isle both DH & I cried like babies.
  • We are definitely doing the first look. By doing it, you get the opportunity to let your fiance show emotion and express how he feels. If you are both standing at the altar when he first FINALLY sees you — he can't say much/express much. I have heard a couple of grooms have actually had to hold back tears when they saw their bride for the first time. As a bride — I would want to hear what he has to say. Plus it will take away your jitters and make you calm knowing that he is there and ready to go!! lol.
  • I was considering a FL for our wedding in June, but I didn't want to do the whole "it's bad luck to see each other before the wedding" so I was hesitant. After reading what all you ladies had to say, I have completely changed my mind and I'm going to do it! :) Thank you!

• Thank you all.  My fiance and I are the fence about doing a FL and I hope these will help him sway towards doing it.  I love the idea of that special moment to share without the world watching.  Thank you all!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_did-first-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:7c7991ef-06d0-4209-a9b4-fcc30fafce36Post:31746490-d20e-4693-96ba-dbde9f5dbde3">Re: Who did a first look...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was considering a FL for our wedding in June, but I didn't want to do the whole "it's bad luck to see each other before the wedding" so I was hesitant. After reading what all you ladies had to say, I have completely changed my mind and I'm going to do it! :) Thank you!
    Posted by midgitkEks[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way.  I was pretty much against it and now I think it's worth discussing. :-)
    White Knot
  • wow, I never even considered this... but after reading this... I am going to talk to my FI about it tonight.
  • were absolutly doing the  first look. i want to share that moment just with him and really see his face when he sees me.
  • I'm not doing a first look, it will be more of the "down the aisle first time seeing" thing...but I'm afraid it won't be all that special because I often dress up and do my hair nice. LOL... :( I'll just look the same in a white flowing gown.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I am also a little hesitant to do a first look but after reading everyone's posts I am doing it! 

• I showed this to my fiance and it was an overwhelming "NO!" He's very adamant about not seeing me until i walk down the aisle, and so are the families. lol. He won't even sit next to me when I'm looking at wedding dresses online. lol. He said he doesn't care if the guests see him tear up. I'll be crying either way. so I gues no First Look for us.
  • Is it hard to capture on film for a newer photographer, do you think?
  • The idea of a FL look is growing on me, but I know that it's going to be hard to get my mother to go along with it. Any suggestions on how to deal with an extremely traditional MOB when the bride isnt so traditional?
  • We did a first look and while it was nice to get to see each other before the pictures began, it was kind of awkward. Our photographers were there (while awesome people, my husband and I hate showing emotion/PDA) and our families could look in through windows so we felt like we were on display.
    My favorite moment of the day was when we rode to the reception from the ceremony in a horse and carriage and we got about 15 minutes to ourselves to relax and celebrate the official start to our life together.
    I'd say the benefit of a first look is to have that private moment between the bride and groom, but we weren't fully relaxed until after the pro pictures and the ceremony were complete, so we really didn't appreciate the first look like other people do.
  • Best part of the day.  Our wedding day and a moment alone, priceless.  
  • I was adamant about doing a first look.  First of all - DH is a sap and I knew he would cry a lot at the ceremony if we didn't.  Secondly - we had a Catholic mass and I wanted to minimize the dreaded Catholic gap down to half an hour for travelling only so we did ours and the bridal party photos ahead of time.

I don't regret it at all.  The photos from it are nice and we had a few minutes to ourselves.  The photographers captured it as best as they could.  Here's a few pictures:

• We did reveal pictures before the ceremony and we are SO SO glad we did! It took some of our nerves away & it was really nice to spend a few intimate moments together. I would highly recommend taking pictures before...it makes for a really nice moment and memory.
  • As I'm sitting here reading all of these, I'm trying to talk FI into doing a FL. His response, "I'll do it. If you want me to have a blindfold in all the pictures."

No FL for us. haha
  • We did the first look.  I agree with most people here, it makes it much nicer.  You have the privacy of seeing each other before the ceremony.  It also makes the walk down the aisle and ceremony much nicer, much more comfortable.  I am glad that I did that.
  • For everyone who did the first look, what all pictures did you take before the ceremony? You with FI. each of you with your WP. Did you save family pics for after the ceremony or how did you do that?
    Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • all i can say is amazing. he was so full of emotion in the picture which makes me feel so good everytime i look at it. i highly recomend takeing a first look pic. you wont regret it
  • We'll be doing a FL...our church doesn't have a lot of space for us to "hide" from each other and I think that we will feel much more comfortable to see each other for a few moments alone. Plus we will be doing our pics before the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    410image Invited
    253image Accepted
    130image Declined
    48image Waiting

http://frommillertocarlson.weebly.com/
  • We did not do a first look, but we did sit chairs on the opposite sides of an open door to talk and hold hands. The photographer got some really cute pictures from it. One of the funniest was us kissing each other through the door- his kiss is a foot and a half over mine! Reading this, I still wouldn’t have done it but I can see how other people might benefit from it.
  • We didn't do a first look and I'm glad we didn't. Seeing my husband's face as I walk down the aisle and us seeing each other that way for the first time was priceless.  He nearly cried, such a softie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards