Attire & Accessories Forum

White Attire?

Hello-

I have a wedding in July to attend. The save the date is requesting "white attire"? Does anyone know what that means?

Thanks in advance!

Re: White Attire?

• Requesting white attire means they want their guests to all wear white. Might be the theme of their wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_white-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:bcee80db-16b7-4f48-a8f4-e50c3cbbd82aPost:3f21b81d-8f77-4903-9145-af500e6b0e33">Re: White Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Requesting white attire means they want their guests to all wear white. Might be the theme of their wedding.
    Posted by greygarnett[/QUOTE]

But this is still incredibly rude like Duds stated above.

OP - you are an adult. Wear something that is appropriate, but there is no way I would give into that dress code. You should be able to tell by the nature of the invites and if you know anything about the ceremony venue to figure out what would be proper to wear.
  • I wouldn't mind wearing white if requested, I don't think it's that big of a deal.  Personally I wouldn't request my guests to wear anything specific, but I don't mind the request as a guest.  Anyway... that point aside, anything in white tones that you love.  Check White House Black Market.  With springtime, more stores carry whites and lighter hues, and you might find just the right outfit!! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Yeah, they're trying to be like P. Diddy having a white party. 

It's one thing for me to wear white (I'd do it and have white options), but there is no way we're buying white pants for Mr. Penny!
  • He....I am just imagining trying to get my FI to wear white pants....
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • I wouldn't call it EXTREMELY rude. But it is a bit much. Oh well, just go with it as well as you can. Put FH in a white shirt and tan pants and call it a day.
  • Everyone imagines their wedding different. Obviously this couple just wants folks to wear white.  I don't at all think it's rude, if the wedding was formal and "black tie" was on the invite would people consider that rude?  Every wedding is different.  All I know is being a bride the last color I would want others to wear is white, but that's just me. If you are really curious you can call the bride and say something along the lines of, "just to be sure I am to understand you only want folks in white?"  the bride would think it kind of you to be that considerate to ask.

Good Luck
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_white-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:bcee80db-16b7-4f48-a8f4-e50c3cbbd82aPost:63cb039d-1e7d-45b9-9679-a3e63f16378b">Re: White Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone imagines their wedding different. Obviously this couple just wants folks to wear white.  I don't at all think it's rude, if the wedding was formal and "black tie" was on the invite would people consider that rude?  Every wedding is different.  All I know is being a bride the last color I would want others to wear is white, but that's just me. If you are really curious you can call the bride and say something along the lines of, "just to be sure I am to understand you only want folks in white?"  the bride would think it kind of you to be that considerate to ask. Good Luck
    Posted by missnimrod[/QUOTE]
    Specifying formality so people aren't underdressed is one thing.  Telling someone that their formalwear must be a specific color is quite another.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_white-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:bcee80db-16b7-4f48-a8f4-e50c3cbbd82aPost:a7b9ed31-bdae-4a95-a483-329e3e6e3822">Re: White Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't call it EXTREMELY rude. But it is a bit much. Oh well, just go with it as well as you can. Put FH in a white shirt and tan pants and call it a day.
    Posted by _Dagney_[/QUOTE]

This
  • Like others said, it means to wear white.

Interesting theme..

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I bet the bride has a bright red dress or something.....ha
    me and my two men image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards