New Jersey

My Review****08/14*** Very Long..Part 1

Here goes.......The last review was so long I made a part 2. Thanks for reading

Venue
Richfield Regency - A+

The venue was beautiful. The last few weeks leading up to the day we worked with Raul. LOVED HIM!!!!!! He was so on point and had lots of ideas for decor, ceremony set up and even the bridal party entrance. He was AWESOME!!!!  He even fixed a situation with my centerpiece's and bustled my dress. Raul Rocks!!!!For Entree's we selected the Prime Rib, Grilled Salmon with a Mango sauce and Florentine Chicken. The Grilled Salmon & Chicken was really, really good. The Prime Rib was awful. It was tasteless and dry. No, actually it tasted like wood. That's how bad it was. Nonetheless, my experience with the Richfield was really good and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Just stay away from the Prime Rib. LOL

DJ
Fusion Productions Entertainment- A++++

LOVED THEM!!!!!!! I knew from the very first meeting with Rich that he was the right fit for us. He loved the same music we loved and grew up on the same music that we loved and had lots of energy. Very real, down to earth and not pushy about selling what he had to offer. We signed with him on the spot and and so happy that we did. Rich & Chris kept the party going for my Sundaywedding and it was so much fun. We had a blast..........They also did uplighting and Intelligent light for us and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Florist
Santos Florist - C

I went with this florist because of all the good recommendations on this website but I have to tell you that I was very disappointed. When I met with Manny it seemed like he really understood what I wanted. I was very specific about color. I told him that Fuchsia was my main color and he could use some lime green orchids with Fuchsia and Blush Pink roses. I even bought him pictures of how it should look. I was so disappointed when I saw the mock up for the centerpiece's. He had used mainly white flowers with a few Fuchsia roses. I reminded him what my centerpiece's should look like and he was very apologetic and told me not to worry, he would follow the picture. On the day of the wedding the deliveries came and the bouquets were BEAUTIFUL!!! They were just what I asked for fuchsia roses and lime green orchids. Just as we had discussed so I was relieved until I got to the venue. The centerpiece's were nice but still not what they should have looked liked. He still used allot of white flowers in the centerpiece's which threw off  the tables because I chose Ivory table cloths thinking that the Fuchsia and Lime green would contrast. But the real kicker is that 2 centerpiece's didn't get delivered. Raul from the Richfield quickly fixed the situation by adding their centerpiece's and even taking some of  the flowers from my centerpiece's and adding it to theirs to make it fit in better. I called Manny the very next day and he mailed me a check  without any problems so for that and the beautiful bouquets I won't give him an F but I would not recommend this florist to anyone.

Ceremony Musicians
Vogue Music Events A+++++++

They were great! The music was beautiful, they were on time and played on key. Everyone commented on how heavenly they sounded.

Photographer
Jason Rhee A++++++

We loved Jason! I absolutely love his personality. He was so organized and gave great direction and made everyone feel really comfortable. He had lots of energy and we got through our portraits really quickly. We had originally hoped to take pictures at Verona Park but was unable to because of rain. Jason scouted out a location on the staircase of the hotel we stayed at so that we could do a first look. He is amazing............

Videographer
GT Modern Creations
 A+++++++++++++++

Gabriel & Caritza are a really sweet couple. You can really tell that they love what they do and are so excited about it. They were my first vendor to arrive on my day and were so calming to be around. They were very unobtrusive but I could see that they were getting everything. I can't wait to see the video.

Makeup
Jaunita ( MAC) Garden State Plaza A++++++++++

I had met with Jaunita for a trial back in January. I alter decided that I wanted to change the look that we had decided on. The week of the wedding I told her the look that I was going for and she had me come in so that we could nail it before the day of. Jaunita is AWESOME!!!! she nailed it right off. My mom loved my makeup so much that she decided that she would get her's done too and once again Jaunita nailed it. My my and I were so impressed. Even Cartiza from GT was so impressed. Jaunita even called me a few days after to make sure I didn't have any reactions to the makeup because on my first trial I did but she was able to figure out what it was and changed it.

Re: My Review****08/14*** Very Long..Part 1

• cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Welcome back and congrats!! I am so glad to finally read your reviews :)

So happy to hear great things about the Richfield.. but the Prime Rib concerns me, since that is the only beef option, unless you upgrade to Chateaubriand :( We are also doing a different fish (tilapia) and a different chicken.. so I guess I'm crossing my fingers that the prime rib is better that day (especially since FI was planning on ordering it)...
    We haven't met or spoken to Raul yet, and I don't think we will until the day before, we've been working with Jude all along..but I'm glad to hear Raul was great!

Also, happy to hear great things about Jason Rhee, as usual :)

So sorry to hear about your DOC.. :(
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear you had a not so good experience with Santos. I had a complete opposite experience with him last month...my flowers were beyond what I could of imagined.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So happy everything went well. I'm using Jason, and GT as well!! In regards to your make-up artist did she go to your home?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_review0814-very-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5cff65fe-3fde-4a8a-9789-e387edc93d82Post:162f3479-becd-4539-bf96-d4d1f3e71d2c">Re: My Review****08/14*** Very Long..Part 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]So happy everything went well. I'm using Jason, and GT as well!! In regards to your make-up artist did she go to your home?
    Posted by NJgurl19[/QUOTE]

Yes! Juanita came to me on the day of the wedding. If you would like her info please feel free to pm me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards