Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Looking for outdoor ceremony site only. Reception site already picked (kind of).

My fiancee and I are planning on getting married May 31st 2014, we have some time to plan.  However, we would like to get ideas on where to have the ceremony.  Neither of us are affiliated with any churches, he is agnostic and I more spiritual.  We would like to have an outdoor ceremony, but trying to find a place is driving me nuts.  This in turn is driving my fiancee crazy. :)  
We looked at Schaar's Bluff which is through Dakota County (where we live), but they can only accomidate 100 people maximum.  This is due to the fact just incase the wedding needs to be moved indoors.  We plan on having about 130.  We have already found a possible reception site to hold dinner and the reception that is close to home. We just need to choices that fit within our budget and personal taste of a ceremony site. 
If anyone knows of a ceremony site that is affordable, outdoors, semi-private and near the southern or south-eastern part of St. Paul it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: Looking for outdoor ceremony site only. Reception site already picked (kind of).

• Options
    Thomas Lake Park in Eagan is nice. It's not super private, and they don't have a big building right there to use as a plan B in case of really bad weather, but the pavillion with built-in benches is really nice, and covered enough that a few sprinkles wouldn't be a big deal. No idea on the price, though.

http://www.eaganmn.com/Things-to-do/parks-gardens/thomasLake.htm
  • Options
    The Eagan Community Center does outdoor weddings and they have a cute little fountain/bridge area if I remember right.  Worth checking out!

• Options
    We had our May 26th wedding at Black Bear Crossings on Lake Como in St. Paul, and had around 170 guests. It's on the lake and outdoors, but it's covered by a beautiful pavillion, so even if it rains (which it did the whole day of our wedding!) you're covered so no need to have a rain back up. It's a little pricier than some of the parks, but because you don't need a back up location or have to rent chairs/tents/etc., I think it's worth the extra cost.

There are links and pics in my bio, and here's one from our ceremony :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards