Maine

Seamstress

Hi ladies,

I bought my dress in Nashua at a shop that does not do alterations. They gave a list of seamstresses that are all in NH/MA but I live in Wells and would love to find someone a bit closer. Any recommendations? My mom found a website about a woman named Svetlana in Yarmouth - anyone used her? I am just stressed about trusting my dress with someone! Thanks for any info
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seamstress

• edited December 2011
    There's a woman in Portland a lot of girls have used. I cannot remember her name, but I believe she works in the Time & Temp building.

Anyone know who I'm talking about?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Madeleine's Daughter in Portsmouth, NH and they also gave me a list of seamstresses. I don't have it anymore because they were all from southern Maine and I live in central Maine and already have found a seamstress in this area but I bet if you call Madeleine's Daughter they would give you the names of a few they recommend. Most of the ones on their list were in the Portland area or within a half our north or south of Portland.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

I've heard lots of recommendations for the woman below. Although I've never used her before, I will be calling on her to do my alterations. I would also try calling a bridal salon that does not do alterations in-house to see who their preferred seasmstresses are. Good luck!

Sarah Michniewicz
    477 Congress Street, Ste 11W

Portland, ME‎ 04101
    (207) 879-7397

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • budvar1012budvar1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh PSYCH! I was just about to ask about getting a local seamstress instead of David's Bridal--I really don't feel like paying top dollar for something that is a simple alteration. Yay Maine Knotties!
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. Lois, this is not my Batman glass."
  • rin89rin89 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies I have a very dear friend that is an amazing seamstress!  Her name is Robin Twitchell and she's in the Norway/South Paris area.  Shoot me an e-mail if you want her contact info!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Sarah Michniewicz, I wouldn';t let anyone lese touch my couture dress.  She has altered countless other garments for me and is amazing.  She has an eye for detail and perfection.  She is also very creative and will do custom and artful bustles on wedding gowns. 

Her number is 879-7397, call fast, she books up months in advance!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards