Pre-wedding Parties
Options

shower thank you's

Hi all,

I just had my shower this past Sunday and was confused about thank you wording. A few guests were unable to attend the shower but sent gifts along with other guests who were attending. Should my thank you card to them say I missed them at the shower and then thank them for the gift, or just say thank you for the gift? I don't want to make anyone feel bad that they couldn't make it but don't want them to think the crowd was so big that I just assumed they were there. Maybe I am thinking too much into this? I just don't want to offend anyone and make sure they know I am glad they were thinking of me!

Re: shower thank you's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you are overthinking.  I can't imagine anyone reading "Sorry to miss you at the shower" as a guilt trip, and I have some pretty sensitive relatives.  In my shower TYs to people who didn't attend, I said something like, "Sorry to miss you at the shower, and I'm looking forward to celebrating with you at the wedding," if I knew they were likely going to make it to the wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just thanked the non-attendees for the gift.
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-thank-yous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:55d3b81d-5d05-4bce-81a1-eb1153f332bbPost:876b72dd-fd7d-499b-8915-a4c7a13ecfeb">shower thank you's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I just had my shower this past Sunday and was confused about thank you wording. A few guests were unable to attend the shower but sent gifts along with other guests who were attending. Should my thank you card to them say I missed them at the shower and then thank them for the gift, or just say thank you for the gift? I don't want to make anyone feel bad that they couldn't make it but don't want them to think the crowd was so big that I just assumed they were there. Maybe I am thinking too much into this? I just don't want to offend anyone and make sure<strong> they know I am glad they were thinking of me!</strong>
    Posted by valerierulesyou[/QUOTE]

say that. that is a great line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards