• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
Texas-San Antonio

Help! Is switching ceremony sites bad?

I put down a $300 deposit on  a church for our ceremony but have recently found out that another church (which has personal historic significance--I was baptized there, my parents went to school there, my Godmother is stationed there) is available. I was given misinformation about the churche's availability before, which is why I was under the impression it wasn't available. Is it in bad taste if I change the venue? It's only been a month since I made the reservation and I am willing to forfeit the deposit if necessary or donate 1/2 if the deposit is refunded. Does anyone have experience in handling such a situation?

Re: Help! Is switching ceremony sites bad?

  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding is far enough away that it shouldn't be a problem.  You should forfeit the deposit (it probably says that if you have a contract), but there is enough time that I don't think the church can hold it against you.  They still have time to plan another wedding that day if they need.

    Make SURE you get the second one booked before you cancel the first.  

    Don't worry about it.  Things happen.  Weddings get cancelled.  Plans get changed.  I'm sure your not the first bride to decide to switch venues and you won't be the last.
    If you are worried, just explain the personal history to them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. You have plenty of time to change your venue. It's not as if you have sent out your invitations. I would make sure you have the other venue booked before you decide to tell the other place, just to be sure. You may not be able to get your deposit back, but if that is not an issue, go for it!
  • judeandmariajudeandmaria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! i am holding onto the 1st site and waiting to hear back about the 2nd site. i'm definitely glad that i didn't cancel the 1st site right away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards