Missouri-Kansas City

Tastey Thursday

Got a recipe you love & want to share? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizer, cocktail, alcohol-free drink...any kind of recipe will do.

Post away!

Re: Tastey Thursday

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm posting a breakfast & a dessert:

Breakfast: Cranberyy Walnut Oats (I modified the recipe from About.com)
    Prep Time: 05 minutes
    Cook Time: 05 minutes
    Total Time: 10 minutes
    Ingredients:
    • 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick or instant)
    • 1 1/4 cup water
    • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
    • 14 whole almonds chopped (not salted) (*I use walnuts*)
    • 1/4 cup fat-free milk
    • 1 tsp. brown sugar (optional) (*I use Splenda brown sugar*)
    Preparation:
    Combine oatmeal and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium low. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir oatmeal frequently to prevent it from sticking to bottom of pan. Add 1/4 cup milk and continue cooking for two more minutes. Take pan off heat, add cranberries and almonds. Stir to mix well. Sprinkle brown sugar on top if desired. Makes 1 serving for a big appetite, 2 servings for smaller appetites.

Dessert: South Beach Peanut Butter Cup (recipe found on allrecipes.com)

Ingredients

• 1 no sugar added fudgsicle
    • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
    • 2 tablespoons light frozen whipped topping or whipping cream (IE: Cool Whip Free)

Take a no sugar added fudgsicle and scrape it off the stick (microwaving it for about 15 seconds helps). Then add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 1-2 tablespoons of light frozen whipped topping or whipping cream. Mix together and enjoy.

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll share one of my favorite dinners - mexican lasagna!

Oven at 350*. Take 1lb of turkey, one SMALL can of tomato sauce (like, the smallest - almost baby food sized), 1.5 cups of salsa, and 1 packet of taco seasoning. Brown the turkey, and then add the other ingredients to the skillet. Sometimes I also add a cup of frozen corn (it doesn't have to cook all the way in the skillet as it will go into the oven).

Spray the bottom of a rectangular pan (8x11 or whatever) with non-stick cooking spray. Put a layer of corn tortillas (flour will get mushy! don't use them!) so the bottom is covered and they are slightly overlapping. Top with half of the turkey mixture.

Using a regular sized can of refried beans, add a layer of beans (1/2 the can). Then add a layer of ricotta cheese (I think it's like the 13oz cup - use whole thing). Then layer some more tortillas, then the rest of the beans, then the rest of the turkey (I switch it up because I don't like the texture the beans end up if they are next to the top later). Then cover with about 2 cups of shredded cheddar or taco-style cheese.

Put in the oven for about 30 minutes. Top with sour cream and olives if you like.

YUM YUM!

Sorry it was kind of disjointed - I was doing this from memory, lol

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Oh now I'm really hungry!  I'll post one later when I get home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards