Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: FFF

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame FI.  Worked over 13 hours yesterday only to come home and find a big situation that I did not expect to have to deal anymore.  This on top of everything else right now (school, working, wedding stuff) is just too much.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it'll all work out.

I flame wedding payments!! It's so sad to see all your money slip out of your account! Can't I just go to the beach now?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:dbe4ab67-26fc-47e3-be0e-e7c49b341f2e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it'll all work out.<strong> I flame wedding payments!! It's so sad to see all your money slip out of your account! Can't I just go to the beach now?
    </strong>Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

That was by far the worst part! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame my bank account ... it's not full enough.

That's all I've got thought.
    Going to have a crappy weekend (drill) then I'm off to LAS VEGAS.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I flame people on Facebook who:

A.  Talk about their husband/boyfriend/lover (ew) OMG HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM.

B.  Talk about their unborn child like it's actually here.  (i.e.  the baby really enjoy the potato today.. she told Mommy all about it)  It's INSIDE YOU!  It can't speak yet.

C.  Update your status every morning with the agenda for the day.  (i.e. Well, today I am cleaning the closests, cooking lunch, walking the dog, going for a run, taking a nap, watching the Bachelor and going to sleep!)

D.  People who update their status every.five.freaking.minutes.

E.  Anyone who posts drama on their status.

I've probably deleted or hidden you (figurative... it's none of you that do this) if you are guilty.

There should be Facebook rules for this stuff.

• edited December 2011

That's the loveliness of facebook! It's become people's way of getting attention. I swear the only reason I even stay on anymore is for pictures and to communicate with people on a mass scale. I need to start deleting a bunch of people. I just haven't gotten around to it.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:eca7e068-53a5-4e83-92f1-108cbbc416bc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's the loveliness of facebook! It's become people's way of getting attention. I swear the only reason I even stay on anymore is for pictures and to communicate with people on a mass scale. I need to start deleting a bunch of people. I just haven't gotten around to it.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

There are some people I want to delete, but everytime I try to go to my friends list to do it, it won't work and I can't delete anyone :-(

Anniversary

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1) I flame people (mainly FSIL) who can't return phone calls. How effing hard is it to pick up the phone or text someone back?
    2) People are dropping out of tonight's bachelorette party like flies. :( booo, you whores!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:1cea8c99-eed6-4bb8-9404-083a6a0670b4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) 2) People are dropping out of tonight's bachelorette party like flies. :( <strong>booo, you whores!</strong>
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

ewww Boo @ them!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:1cea8c99-eed6-4bb8-9404-083a6a0670b4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) I flame people (mainly FSIL) who can't return phone calls. How effing hard is it to pick up the phone or text someone back? 2) People are dropping out of tonight's bachelorette party like flies. :( booo, you whores!
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I had this happen! Don't focus on them and just have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, this is my first post on the board, and I'm sorry if I haven't earned the right to 'flame' yet, but I really have to get something off my chest (at work any trying not to bother my coworkers more than I already have). I will post my 'hello to all' after I'm done with this one....

I'd like to flame my doctor... I was diagnosed with melanoma when I was 16 (11 years ago). All the cancer was removed successfully (it was still a small amount, a little on my arm) but I have since  been required to have a yearly 'full body scan' to watch out for reoccurance becausei am high risk. I grew up in Tucson, Az, and had an awesome dermatologist out there, but moved to Tx a few years and thought I had a good one out here... So in April I went in for my yearly exam, paid my co-pay, and he found a mole that he decided "had to be removed". I told him that I had been keeping an eye on it and it hadn't changed in years, but he insisted he take a biopsy. I gave in, signed some paperwork, and he sliced it off (took all of maybe a minute to do so). Upon checkout I had to make an appointment for a follow-up... so, a month later, I took off time from work, went back in, and had to pay another co-pay. First, I was called back into the "little room" 15 minutes after my appointment was scheduled, and the doctor showed up 35 minutes after that. He handed me a paper saying my biopsy was benign (good news, but not surprising...) turned to his nurse to ask if he was now free for lunch, and left.... I saw him all of maybe one-minute... So, waste of time and money. 
    Fast forward to yesterday, when i got a bill from a pathologist who did the workup on the biopsy. It said my insurance had denied the payment and I now owed $326. I called insurance last night, had a very unhelpul lady tell me that my doctor's office must have miscoded it. So today I called Dr office, they said it was the patholigist office. Instead I re-called my insurance company, and this time they told me it was not covered b/c the pathologist was out of network and basically it was my fault for not asking the dermatologist where the biopsy was going to be sent....
    Long story short, now I have a dr bill, on top of recent bills for dental work, replacing a cracked windshield, and trying to save for the wedding :(

Sorry post was long, but i really needed to vent, and already feel better...
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:2c7f85ab-7ef8-4dda-bd6c-ae96a8b1cfee">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] Fast forward to yesterday, when i got a bill from a pathologist who did the workup on the biopsy. It said my insurance had denied the payment and I now owed $326. I called insurance last night, had a very unhelpul lady tell me that my doctor's office must have miscoded it. So today I called Dr office, they said it was the patholigist office. Instead I re-called my insurance company, and this time they told me it was not covered b/c the pathologist was out of network and basically it was my fault for not asking the dermatologist where the biopsy was going to be sent....
    Posted by caiti2u[/QUOTE]

I had some issues in the past with surgeries and the anesthesiologist was out-of-network, so my insurance billed it that way.  I called them up and told them that I had no control over who my in-network physician uses for anesthesiology during procedures.  They simply use whoever is available that day and that I should not be punished by paying out-of-network fees for that.  I literally had NO say in that decision.  They insurance went ahead and processed it through then as in-network.  I would definitely call back.  What insurance do you have, may I ask?  Maybe you can also ask to speak with a supervisor should you not get anywhere with the rep you get on the phone.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.  I will try to help you the best I can!

(by the way, the dermatologists around here SUCK.  I've been to several and they have all been terrible.  I now going to a big dermatology clinic in downtown Dallas and see Dr. Mentor.  I wasn't impressed with him at all. I don't like having to go in and see a nurse, then a resident with an attitude, THEN the M.D. + the resident.  However, Dr. McCoy is also in that group and I've heard wonderful things about him.  I wish I could switch ...)
  • edited December 2011
    I Flame Kohl's custumer service... sucks!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a lady who had a party w us 2 1/2 years ago trying to get me to give her a refund cause she overtipped her server. Uh no.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:6e0e0c54-1832-404f-a299-7579507c1c14">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Flame Kohl's custumer service... sucks!
    Posted by gisellehuet[/QUOTE]

Really? Sorry you had a bad experience!  What happened??
  • edited December 2011
    Found my flame...

I flame our doggie day camp.  We take Rygel once a week to go get his mass amounts of hyperness out.  When we say camp, he knows where he is going and gets super excited.  Albert took him today only to find a giant "FULL" sign on the door (something we have never seen in the lastyear) and had to physically force Rygel back in the car and bring him home.

Since, Rygel has been a whiny mess that follows me like a shadow.  I have a feeling he thinks he somehow got in trouble and thats why he had to come home.  So, rather than a nice, quiet day to work on things, I have the high pitch squeaking cries of a sad pup.  *sigh*
  • edited December 2011
    I flame my client for trying to start drama 2 weeks before my trip.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:ebb05cf8-6f87-4d01-b193-d4bd829bd57e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I had some issues in the past with surgeries and the anesthesiologist was out-of-network, so my insurance billed it that way.  I called them up and told them that I had no control over who my in-network physician uses for anesthesiology during procedures.  They simply use whoever is available that day and that I should not be punished by paying out-of-network fees for that.  I literally had NO say in that decision.  They insurance went ahead and processed it through then as in-network.  I would definitely call back.  What insurance do you have, may I ask?  Maybe you can also ask to speak with a supervisor should you not get anywhere with the rep you get on the phone. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.  I will try to help you the best I can! (by the way, the dermatologists around here SUCK.  I've been to several and they have all been terrible.  I now going to a big dermatology clinic in downtown Dallas and see Dr. Mentor.  I wasn't impressed with him at all. I don't like having to go in and see a nurse, then a resident with an attitude, THEN the M.D. + the resident.  However, Dr. McCoy is also in that group and I've heard wonderful things about him.  I wish I could switch ...)
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]<div>
    I have CIGNA, and I did talk with them again today, and the guy said he'd "try to push it through" and I should hear back in a few weeks....<div>I'm actually in Fort Worth, and work at a hospital, so I had been going to the one located on campus, but have definitely decided NOT to go back. A week or so after that initial appointment, we had gotten a work-email from HR saying our employee health now does FREE skin cancer screens. I'm not sure how thorough it is, but may look into it next year when I'm due for my "yearly" or will just see if my PCP is able to do it</div></div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:e47877c7-9f19-4cf3-9879-4130b7976543">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Really? Sorry you had a bad experience!  What happened??
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

<div>Normally they are great especially at the store, but I had to call to take care of something  about my credit account and they were like: Sorry can't help you... no explanations no nothing...</div>
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:4adde0dc-2fa9-49e3-b574-457852aacc46">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Normally they are great especially at the store, but I had to call to take care of something  about my credit account and they were like: Sorry can't help you... no explanations no nothing...
    Posted by gisellehuet[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in my experiecnce with Kohl's creditor folks is pretty poor as well. Being in the credit industry, they really don't have a good name, mostly because they are such a small individual 'lender'.
  • edited December 2011
    caiti2u - I deal with insurance everyday and they suck!!

Seriously, don't tell me there is no room in the budget for small promotion and then give it to someone else!
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am full of flames today,

Firstly, I flame myself for hitting a curb this morning, and making a bubble on the side of my tire and Messing the alignment up on my car.

Secondly,
    I flame the people at my office. Don't ask me questions and then when I tell you something has been discontinued, proceed to argue and talk over me. If you knew all the answer why are you asking me?

I also flame the people here who every time we do a big job, at the end they want to give it away for (basically)  free, then try to guilt us by saying "Oh we'll just never do jobs for them anymore".
    Also, The lady who sits behind me. I get that she's a brown noser. but FFS. When I tell you our cost for something, and you try to argue with me about how we lost money on it (which isn't her business). Then when she's asked how much the stuff costs her first response is  "I don't know but Kathleen does". Then I get in trouble by my grandma while brown noser conviently sneaks out the door for lunch. And We made 49% profit on that job. Thank you.

Then I flame myself again for not having the balls to quit this job.

But I did get my tire replaced for 18 dollars! Yay lifetime replacements at discount tire! It was worth twisting my ankle in the pothole and almost face planting into the concrete.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:a6e6dfb4-322e-4019-9e63-a0b9bcfef2b7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am full of flames today, Firstly, I flame myself for hitting a curb this morning, and making a bubble on the side of my tire and Messing the alignment up on my car. Secondly, I flame the people at my office. Don't ask me questions and then when I tell you something has been discontinued, proceed to argue and talk over me. If you knew all the answer why are you asking me? I also flame the people here who every time we do a big job, at the end they want to give it away for (basically)  free, then try to guilt us by saying "Oh we'll just never do jobs for them anymore". Also, The lady who sits behind me. I get that she's a brown noser. but FFS. When I tell you our cost for something, and you try to argue with me about how we lost money on it (which isn't her business). Then when she's asked how much the stuff costs her first response is  "I don't know but Kathleen does". Then I get in trouble by my grandma while brown noser conviently sneaks out the door for lunch. And We made 49% profit on that job. Thank you. Then I flame myself again for not having the balls to quit this job. But I did get my tire replaced for 18 dollars! Yay lifetime replacements at <strong>discount tire</strong>! It was worth twisting my ankle in the pothole and almost face planting into the concrete.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

I only buy from them.  They're the best.
  • laurencstelaurencste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame the Mavs game being at 7 pm on Sunday.  I'm on a plane from 8:30 until 10 coming back from my future sister in law's bachelorette party.  If I miss our championship I'm going to cry and also be happy and also cry.  I guess I just want to flame Southwest Airlines, who want to charge $450 just to get from Dallas to New Orleans.
  • edited December 2011
    It can be costly going to NOLA depending on the weekend you go. I always have to schedule my trips around whatever festival they have that weekend, cause my flights through SWA were always priced accordingly with that schedule.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:9365f86b-ede4-44c8-a639-16a17c205942">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I only buy from them.  They're the best.
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

Yea, He asked if I wanted to put the warranty back on the new tire..and I said "uh.Heck yes."
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:d4ef5694-5625-4c69-a6a0-c2b9c8006e18">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yea, He asked if I wanted to put the warranty back on the new tire..and I said "uh.Heck yes."

They fixed one of my flats for free because I'd had to replace the three other tires on that car.  I think they felt really sorry for me. 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:9365f86b-ede4-44c8-a639-16a17c205942">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I only buy from them.  They're the best.
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

This.  Discount Tire is amazing. 
  • rettazzo13rettazzo13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-62?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b37b558b-d13b-4fd0-a670-f04f4efa0d34Post:a6e6dfb4-322e-4019-9e63-a0b9bcfef2b7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] Then I flame myself again for not having the balls to quit this job. 

<div>This!! I also flame the fact that I have to be at work tomorrow at 6am! I am very grateful to have a decent paying job with great benefits but I strongly dislike every second of it!! (Also, why do people I work with think I should be able to stay at home when they find out my FI is a police officer? If he's making that much money then it's going to another bank and obviously there must be a mistake!! lol)</div>
    Plans!!Follow Me on Pinterest
    March 2012 Board October Siggy
    Honeymoon!!! New York and Boston =)
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame the fact that I have to work this weekend.

Oh and that the State department sent me a letter saying that I needed to send in the long form birth certificate instead of the short one I sent it which delays my app. Thanks a lot USPS, you deal with several apps everyday for passports so one would think you would know what was required. So I have to leave work early Monday to go to the records building to obtain said long form birth certificate, boo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards