Wedding Party

Re: 1

• Unless you've got some friendships you're looking to end, yes.
    Photobucket
  • I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was about how to politely ask a BM to step down?
  • Wow, how incredibly mature. 

...and this is why I always hit the quote button when I respond to newbie posters.

If you are posting because you think your bridesmaids should be planning you parties, or helping to plan your wedding, or go shopping with you, etc and one of them aren't and now you would like to kick her out, please don't. The only things bridesmaids have to do is buy the dress, show up on the day, and smile for pictures. Everything else is voluntary and not necessary.

If you have grown apart from a bridesmaid and now you want to kick her out, fine. ...but just count on losing her as a friend and looking bad to the people around you. Because it is incredibly rude to kick someone out of your bridal party.

I'm figuring what you posted was one of those two scenarios.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dangit, shoulda quoted her! Poo.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • The problem is that from an outside perspective, tie always goes to the bridesmaid.  The bride may have a perfectly legitimate reason for kicking someone out (say, finding her in bed with her FI), but unless everyone knows the story, the bride is going to look like a powertripping bridezilla.

For instance, this bride may actually have a reason for wanting to end her friendship, but because none of us know the specifics now, she just looks like a brat.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • All I can see is  "1".

Is this what we get instead of DDs now: numbers?

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • meg, they can edit the post to put in whatever they feel like. They didn't DD, just clicked on edit, deleted the OP, and put in a one.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Children will always find ways to be children. 
  • Dude, not cool.

OP, clearly whatever your post was supposed to be about, you must have known you weren't going to get the answers you wanted to hear so:

No, your BMs aren't your slaves. No, your wedding ISN'T all about you every single day for the next year and a 1/2. Yes, your friends have lives, and they're entitled to them. Being your BM isn't the greatest thing that ever happened to them. Nobody "owes" you a e-party, shower or bach party, if you get them, you thank whoever threw them and be gracious (Even if it doesn't live up to your incredibly high standards). Yes, making them wear matching shoes that cost $100 that they hate IS unreasonable.

And unless she slept with your FI or lit your wedding dress on fire, you can't boot them from your wedding party and not be seen as a Bridezilla. Unless of course, you really are 100% ok with the fact that this person is never going to speak to you again, then boot away.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Stoopid to the max.  This letter thing is more annoying that a DD.  Gotta start quoting.

To the OP-don't treat your BMs like garbage.  You will be awfully lonely after your spayshul day if you do.
  • angel2210angel2210 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Sorry. I completely forgot about quoting until I posted my reply and she had already edited.

CN: She had 7 people in her bridal party plus (I think) 2 MOHs, and her FI had already asked 6 or so, something like that, and she was feeling like it was too many people now and wanted to kick people out. Ended her post with the question "but it's too late now isn't it?"
    Photobucket
  • Well, at least she answered her own question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards