Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress Drama

I'm having some anxiety over some potential BM dress drama.  They're all wearing different dresses from the same designer in the same color.  My MOH could not find a dress she liked at the salon we got all the other dresses at so she went to a major chain, which I have no problem with, on her own to look.  Well, she found one she loves.  I thought we had an understanding that we would get together to look at the dress before it was purchased.  Two days before I was supposed to look at the dress, she bought it and a shrug to go with it!  When she told me, I was like "Oh great!" But I was really thinking, "What the &^%$!!!!!"  I immediatly called the store.  They do not do returns or exchanges.  I am worried that the color is going to be so off that it looks totally out of place with the other girls.  AGH! I don't know what to do and I still can't believe she bought a dress without me seeing it! 

Re: Dress Drama

• My only concern is that it is not the same designer.  I jsut don't want it to be obviously different and look wierd.  I told her we could tweek with her color a bit since she was the MOH, but I was thinking maybe a tan shade.  The BM dresses are called Espresso, her dress is called chocolate brown.  That just sounds really different to me.  I'm not panicking, just a bit concerned.  I feel a little better since reading what everyone has to say.  Thanks girls!
  • I think you are making a big deal out of a dress you haven't even seen yet.
  • I've always liked when the MOH stands out from the other BM's so even if it's a different designer  it could end up working out - but it is not right that she didn't let you see it before she chose it! You're justified in feeling frustrated and concerned, but you should be able to work this to your advantage : )
  • I can understand being a bit worried if it's a different shade if that's not what you had in mind, but this is seriously nothing to be mad about. Big hair deal if they don't match perfectly. Your wedding will not look horrific if she's dressed in something 2 shades darker. No one cares about any of this stuff as much as you, as the bride. Let it go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • I totally agree with Champagne... its your MOH everyone if they even notice 90% won't cause they are looking at you they will think you did it on purpose. My MOH is wearing sage while my other girls are wearing blue. Not the same shade at all. This option just made my MOH more prominent and special.
    Stop worrying the dress is probably great because your MOH spent so much more time trying to find the right one that will look the best for your wedding day. Besides you haven't seen the dress so you might be eating your words when you see and actually love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards