Wedding Etiquette Forum

LFT (Love Fest Thursday)

Allright. Methinks we need to couteract all that negative energy. So, who do you love/appreciate/think is badass/admire any why? :)

Re: LFT (Love Fest Thursday)

• I don't think lovesthebeach gets enough recognition in polls and such, because she's pretty fantastic.
  • Poli - I admire your awesome engagement pictures.  You're a super cute couple, and you look just like my mom did when she was your age - which I think makes it even better. 
  • Poli, since I missed your boo-hoo thread last night, I'll say that I admire/appreciate you and the way you deal with negative people like your ridiculous BM, and people on here too.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I think Opalsky was a truly stunning bride.

I like TeresaloveDave, and I want to see more of her/get to know her better.

I want to go out for drinks with Georgia, Vally and Mocha. I mean, I want to go out for drinks with a TON of people on here. But, for some reason I think that combination would be deadly, in the best possible way.
  • Aw, it's been a while since we did one of these!

Evitiello: I was kinda harsh on you in those threads you posted, but I think you really handled yourself well and I hope you stick around.

Poli: it was so awesome meeting you the other night. I've been telling lots of people about what a cool time I had.

Beatles: you rock, like my favorite band. ;)

Msmery: it seems like you get my jokes a lot and I appreciate it.

I'm sure I will think of more!
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I think there's too much love for me to give it in detail.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    The Stackeyes are ridiculously good looking.
    Poli and Mr. Poli are all sorts of awesome - from the way they look to their wedding site to their ambitions for the future. 
    Danieliza is unfailingly sweet and helpful.
    Nuggetbrain & Noodle are another exceptionally attractive couple.  So are Sara and her skater-fiance. 
    I know there's more but I don't have everyone committed to memory . . .
  • Yup, Poli. You get the sunshine award! Also, I'm continually in awe of all the smart ladies on here with a bajillion degrees, the ones in grad school, etc. This is a smart bunch of girls. Sucrets makes me smile every time she posts, Cew cracks my shiit up, Bec seems like the most awesome parent ever, Dani is always so diplomatic but still funny, Beatles is sweet and really smart. This is the abbreviated list, but I like everyone :) And I also like a real good puppies and rainbows, sunshine out my ass thread every once in a while.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I miss scoetto. She is such an awesome girl and I wish she would come back more.
  • I think JessandTrav handled the drama last week with total class. It's so rare that somebody on here takes what people have to say to heart, integrates it, and then totally rocks out. Props to her.

Sarahnumbers is awesome, both on here and in person! She's clearly brilliant, and she was the total life of the party :)

Beatles cracks me up. I described her as "sunny" the other day, and I totally stand by that! Total sweetness.

Nugget- I want her on my team for anything, whether it's an ass-kicking contest, a scavenger hunt, or Trivial Pursuit.

I've really come to enjoy Opalsky. She has excellent advice for everybody without being rude or condescending.

I've declared my love for Sun before, but she's just... fabulous.

There are many others.. I'll do a round two after breakfast! Yep, breakfast. Go ahead and flame :)
  • I have to high five beatles for consistently drawing upon the same source material for humor. I think our television/movie/comedian/etc viewing habits match up almost exactly. So obvs she has extremely good taste.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Meaghan, you're incredibly sweet.

cew, you continue to crack me up, and I've missed you lately.

Poli and speedskater Sarah: I find myself enjoying your posts a lot lately. You're two smart ladies who bring a lot to the discussions on the board.

evitellio: way to take your lumps and come out on top.
  • I love all of you guys, but Sucrets and Bec always make me laugh.
    I appreciate all the advice from the married ladies. If we were all just engaged here, it would be like the blind leading the blind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Oh yeah, I wanna go barhopping with M&M.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I think sarahnumbers is awesome and wicked funny and smart and has great taste in bands and gives good advice and got to hang out with poli and I appreciate all these things about her.

Also, I admire LilG's fortitude in the midst of life events that, individually, would turn me into a little ball of hopelessness. And that she can still laugh about things on here is impressive.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • LaurenClaire - you have grown on me more than any knottie ever has, and faster. I am so glad you stuck around and let your awesome shine out. <3

I really really miss GG during the day.

Fish - I still dream of the day you can come to Boston. Hardcore.
  • Huh.  I want breakfast now.  Not the yogurt and granola I had, but pancakes and bacon.  Mmmmm bacon.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I feel like it would be amazing to have a little soundtrack going on throughout my day sung by Sucrets, with the comedic stylings of Vally, Bec, and Fishy.  If I could just break into song at any given moment with lines of wittiness, I would love it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lft-love-fest-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa55b267-a18a-4f93-9e80-fd13384c9b43Post:83e78fff-f23f-4449-8dcc-e677f015997b">Re: LFT (Love Fest Thursday)</a>:
    [QUOTE] Fish - I still dream of the day you can come to Boston. Hardcore.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

DO EET.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lft-love-fest-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa55b267-a18a-4f93-9e80-fd13384c9b43Post:2b3c1dc4-51bf-41b4-ad1f-1e0e9ce5478a">Re: LFT (Love Fest Thursday)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss scoetto. She is such an awesome girl and I wish she would come back more.
    Posted by FutureMrsDudley55[/QUOTE]

I'll ditto that.
  • TR: I think you're a sweetie and I hope you keep hanging around here no matter what people say.

Dani and Ring: thanks for being such great lion tamers for this board full of crazies.

East: I love the way you always come in and restore sensible order to threads that have gone off the rails.

Opalsky: your wedding pictures are just breathtaking gorgeous.

Meaghan: I think I'd like to join in that bar crawl! I already found your hometown on a list of monuments I need to visit this summer.

Cew: I too have missed seeing you around all the time. I know we all go through phases posting here (I certainly do).

TJ: you make written communication into an art form.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Sarah0725 is always so nice and gives good advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What can I say TJ? I'm loyal to the classics, just like you. :)

I'm really glad that lauren got over her initial shyness (something I think we both shared), and now has really found her own voice on here that's smart, funny, and wise. I really enjoy reading her posts and feel like it's more the "real" her.

I admire Amoro's wedding pics, and am amazed every time she posts a new one at how stunning she is. I also appreciate when she makes low-key jokes and plays along with our puppies and rainbows thread. :)

• M&M - I feel like as I'm around more I grow in my like for you.  You are really genuine and I appreciate it.

Sarah - I am really glad we can be in school together.  It's nice to commiserate with someone.

Sucrets - I'm glad you and baby are doing so well.  I think you're wonderful and am still glad of your help with wedding music.

Rach - I'm crossing my fingers that you feel better on the steroids.

AND Vogt and I are having a GTG at the end of February and am so excited!
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I want to steal Bec, lock her in my basement, and make her do all my wedding planning because she has THE BOMB ASS DIY skillz.

Also, I think Poli and her FI are gorgeous, Rach is being such a damn trooper with her health, Fischy is, well....Fischy and therefore awesome, Cew makes me gigglesnort, Amoro rocks the style train, and I really miss Salt and Tide and wish they would come back on more.

And lots others.  Basically I lurve all you whorey vaginas.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Meaghan - You are so funny and delightfully blunt at just the right times. It's a joy being around when you're posting.

I am impressed with Sucrets and Lpstl in how they are going through such big life changes and yet remain sane, unselfish people (at least on here). Not to mention juggling all this new baby stuff IRL. I can't wait to see pictures of their little ones.

• My enthusiasm about my master plan to move to TX is exponentially increased by the fact that I could be a-couple-hours-away-friends with Julez.

Laurenclaire has also grown on me a lot lately. :)

I could never keep up with the fabulous Vegas life of Sascha, but I think she is amazingly kind and intelligent and I heart that she is from my home state too.
  • So, I'm kind of a newb, but I've lurked for a while and definitely have my faves. Cew, Nugget, and Vally totally crack me up. I'm pretty sure Cew and I would have prolifically hilarious conversations about poo. And I really like LC, I always wondered why she caught so much crap earlier on, but I probably missed something. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting...
  • Sarah - are you kidding me?? I know we have a few :) You HAVE to do it. My mom will make you dinner and everything haha.
    But yeah, Sarah -your dry humor has me snorting as much, if not more, than the funniest lines spouted on here.

This board would not be the same if East stopped coming here. Even when she stops by once a day with the most ridiculously well placed comment, I am fullfilled.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards