Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics??

I am tying the knot to the best guy in the world July 3rd in Las Vegas! so excited :)

What time does the day start cooling off in early july?? we are thinking of taking a photo tour after the ceremony which most likely will be at 5.. hoping that it wont be discustingly hot still?? If so ill have to change into or possibly consider a shorter dress! Im not from Nevada and dont know what to expect... other then a burning desert! Any info would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

Re: Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    there is no cooling down in July in Vegas. There's only not as hot.
    We go to Vegas every year at that time. It stays hot way into the evening. Nights can get down to the 80s but that's more the wee hour of the morning before the sun comes up. Expect about high 90's [if your lucky] to 105 degrees [100+ is about average for that weekend]
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely listen to LilMissScareAll...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no outside in a desert in the summer.  You go from your air conditioned house to your air conditioned car to your air conditioned destination.  Staying outside for longer than it takes to go back and forth to the car wearing anything heavier than a swimsuit is a good recipe for heat exhaustion and heat stroke.  And PP is right, it doesn't get cooler at night.  The asphalt holds onto the heat and radiates it out well after dark.  The desert proper does cool down, but any built-up area does not.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_weather-hot-july-outdoor-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:43696672-6552-49b3-bb24-ffe47aa6a97ePost:e7793afe-dc43-401d-88c4-535aea138d63">Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am tying the knot to the best guy in the world July 3rd in Las Vegas! so excited :) What time does the day start cooling off in early july?? we are thinking of taking a photo tour after the ceremony which most likely will be at 5.. <strong>hoping that it wont be discustingly hot still??</strong> If so ill have to change into or possibly consider a shorter dress! Im not from Nevada and dont know what to expect... other then a burning desert! Any info would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!
    Posted by Teresafoltz127[/QUOTE]

It's disgustingly hot June - September.

For crying out loud, the temps were in the 80s the last couple of days; H and I were debating turning on the A/C last night.  Thankfully, it's back down into the 70s today.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_weather-hot-july-outdoor-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:43696672-6552-49b3-bb24-ffe47aa6a97ePost:8b5cd946-1fd9-41e7-ad66-a4eaae645ae5">Re: Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics?? : It's disgustingly hot June - September. For crying out loud, <strong>the temps were in the 80s the last couple of days;</strong> H and I were debating turning on the A/C last night.  Thankfully, it's back down into the 70s today.
    Posted by impslave[/QUOTE]
    Ugh, I saw that.  Now I'm getting concerned about my early May wedding...
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_weather-hot-july-outdoor-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:43696672-6552-49b3-bb24-ffe47aa6a97ePost:c11e3448-3643-4c95-a250-2ab255b15f0e">Re: Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics?? : Ugh, I saw that.  Now I'm getting concerned about my early May wedding...
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

<div>I got married May 1 and it was around 75-80 but very windy.  Like 45mph windy, so it never felt really hot.  From what I understand it is usually pretty windy during that time, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!</div>
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_weather-hot-july-outdoor-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:43696672-6552-49b3-bb24-ffe47aa6a97ePost:a645bc64-8ea5-4ef0-89bf-13079ba41abc">Re: Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics?? : I got married May 1 and it was around 75-80 but very windy.  Like 45mph windy, so it never felt really hot.  From what I understand it is usually pretty windy during that time, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!
    Posted by Olivea12[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was late April, and the weather was similar: nice and cool, but very windy.  It wasn't as bad on the wedding day itself as it was on the days following.  I had several Marilyn moments walking down the Strip to dinner the night I decided to wear a skirt...

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yuck. Sounds like a photo tour outside around 6-7:00  would not be a very good idea then :(
  • Options
    sarahtortsarahtort member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Literally it does not cool down EVER in the Summer.

You will melt... I promise you.

If its over 105 in the day time I am gurantee that it will still feel 105 in the evenieng escpecialy on the strip.

The weather here is very easy... Here it goes... Windy, Hot, Semi cold, Windy
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    Even if you wear a 'lighter' dress, think of your guy. He'll be in worse shape with a tux.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_weather-hot-july-outdoor-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:43696672-6552-49b3-bb24-ffe47aa6a97ePost:529b9863-612f-42d8-be55-1eae2824c606">Re: Weather too hot in July for outdoor pics??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even if you wear a 'lighter' dress, think of your guy. He'll be in worse shape with a tux.
    Posted by jccswl[/QUOTE]
    Truth.  When I was at Disney, I spent one summer working mostly on the trains, which meant a costume of a navy blue wool three piece suit.  Passing out from heat exhaustion was a very real and constant threat, even when it got hot enough that they would let us unbutton the vest and remove the tie.

If you are going to be outside for any stretch of time, please please please make sure everyone has lots of water.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married 8/21/10 - it was 114 degrees for my 4pm wedding - at 5:30pm, we tried to get pics in front of the Las Vegas sign - it was too hot for me to be out of the limo for more then 10 seconds. If you want outdoor pictures, they will have to be midnight. Even then, it could be around 85-90 degrees. June- early Oct is the hot, hot, HOT season for Vegas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're getting married on July 2nd and I wanted a strip photo tour after our 5:00 ceremony.  After reading this thread, I started to panic and emailed our photographer.  I asked him if I was CRAZY for wanting to do this and asked for his suggestions.  Here is what Todd Wilson had to say.  HTH.

"It is not that crazy.  It is hot, but I have done many tours in 100+ temp.  It is a dry dumb heat.  It's just a matter of balancing indoor locations (IE air conditioned) with outdoor locations and having a cool vehicle.  It might be 10 degrees cooler at night but it is still HOT.  The key is to get transportation with good air conditioning.  Usually, smaller limos/vehicles stay cooler, better.  A lot of the big hummers and buses are hot boxes (this applies day or night).  Their engines are too small relative to the amount of space they need to cool.  If you get a bigger vehicle, make sure to address this with the limo/bus company...the A/C needs to be tip top (in my opinion...this is more important than the time of day)."
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

OnCloudk9 that is a good point Todd makes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips ladies. Will be needing transportation for 40 people so prob will just get two limos rather than a bus then. Does anyone know what hotel would make for prettier indoor pics, Mandalay or Paris???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mandalay, hands down!

The photographer does make a point too about the limos vs. smaller cars - our limo was a super stretch with 10 people inside - it only got down to 30 degrees cooler than the outside air temp. The engines don't have enough strength to cool down a huge vehicle.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the sort of pictures you want.  Mandalay Bay has that lovely main staircase with all the plants and flowers, while Paris has the indoor area that looks like an outdoor street with cobblestones and painted sky.  However, you should check with the hotels, as some of them are very strict about allowing wedding photos if you're not getting married in one of their chapels.

• Options
    caileydawncaileydawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wouldn't do it.. July is the hottest month out of the entire year. I've lived in Vegas for 5 years, and my birthday is July 6, I would know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards