Rhode Island

Dealing with RI Rentals?

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone else had this issue with RI Rentals?

I called on Friday to pay my $800 deposit (they suggested calling rather than sending in a check).  Dawn, processed my debit card payment and said she would email me confirmation.

Later in my email there was a copy of the contract but no notation of deposit.  So I responded (it was now after business hours) asking for a notation of payment.

Monday, I get an email saying my card was declined, could I call in another payment?
I checked my bank account online, they $800 HAD been paid on Friday, I called the bank and they verified that, and also said that RI Rentals had attempted to charge another $800 on Monday!  That's when it was declined.

I'm gonig to call RI Rentals to hopefully get this straightened out, but I'm not really pleased with my experience so far...should I go with another rental co?

PS; heading to work, but will totally read your responses later :)
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dealing with RI Rentals?

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been debating between Rhode Island Rental and Quality Rental. They are both reasonably priced for China but neither of them deliver on Sunday. The pick up and drop off rate for RI Rental is also $50 more than what Quality Rentals quoted us. So far both companies have been responsive and reviews on weddingwire for both are so-so. I just found Quality Rentals to be more flexible for what I need. I would definitely contact RI Rental to clarify the matter. It could just be a oversight on their part so that could be where the mistake was made. As long as they accept responsibility and make amends to fix it, it should not be a problem. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was interested in renting my linens from them but when I called to make an appointment to visit the warehouse I was very rudely told they were only monday-friday 9-5. As I have a job I could not come to their warehouse during those hours and I was informed they did not want my business if I could not come during those hours. Needless to say I will not be using them or recommending them to anyone.
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm late to the game here; don't know how I missed this. I didn't have a positive experience at all when I contacted them about rentals. (I was looking for a tent and tables/chairs.) I got a much, much better deal and had a far better experience at ABC Rent-a-Tent in Westport, Mass. 
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards